I couldn't believe it but Mom & Christine had flown out to come to my Baby "Sprinkle" that weekend and to hang out until Sunday night. I was sooo excited and touched that so much planning and thought went into the whole trip! They had planned it months earlier and Craig & Katie were the only ones who knew they were coming.
Friday afternoon we headed out to a girl's lunch and then picked up Chase from daycare - talk about someone else being surprised. I think he was a little shocked to see them and was acting shy but by the time we got home he was over the moon that Grandma and "Istine" were staying with us!
That night we decided to go see Santa since we hadn't gone with Chase yet. We headed to the Bass Pro Shop. They do such a great job for the kids and there are all kinds of fun activites for the kids to do while you wait to see Santa! Plus the store itself is enormous and fun to experience.
Slot Car Racing

Chase & Daddy playing with a gun game

Indoor "snowball" fight

As we were waiting our turn to meet Santa I had no idea what to expect from Chase. Last year he freaked out and cried with Santa and this year he has seen him on TV and seemed to be really excited about him. I was still a little skeptical because Chase is usually scared of anyone dressed up in costumes. He seemed ok as we waited and I kept telling him that he gets to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. It was finally our turn and Craig & Christine took him up so I could get a good spot for a picture. He gripped Christine tight as they got close but then Craig grabbed him and put him on Santa's lap and he did GREAT!! No crying - he looked at Santa and smiled for the camera - yay! Then as he got down and was walking away Chase said "I want a gun!" Ha Ha - the timing was a bit off but he'll get it down by next year :)

Group picture after Chase was done with Santa

When we got home that night Chase showed off his new glowing Rudolph nose from Grandma

Then he talked his Aunt Christine into getting on his bicycle and pulling him around as a passenger on the back! Mommy definitely can't fit there right now so he was so excited to play with "Istine!"


That night I had a present waiting on the doorstep - the new Sit & Stand stroller I wanted! It was from a bunch of my girlfriends for the shower the next day. We put it together and Chase had a blast getting pushed all around the house :)

It was a great day and I went to bed that night still in shock from my amazing surprise!!
The rest of the weekend was filled with my Baby Sprinkle plus Mom & Christine helping me get the new nursery ready. We set all the furniture up, got boxes out of the basement, rifled through clothes to find newborn boys clothes (just in case) and went shopping for newborn diapers and other neccessities. It felt so good to get that done and to have them here to help me get ready! What a special weekend :0)
1 comment:
We got you good! That was so fun. So glad we could be there for the Sprinkle and a weekend in December. Miss you already!
Post a Comment