Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby Sprinkle

So what is a Sprinkle? Good question! It is a smaller version of a shower that is what a lot of people are doing now to celebrate the arrival of a 2nd, 3rd, etc baby into the family. Since most showers are filled with big elaborate gifts and you don't usually need all that stuff a 2nd time, a Sprinkle is a perfect solution to still get together with friends and family to celebrate the arrival of a new baby and shower the Mama with some sweet gifts!

My Sprinkle was held a few weekends ago with Tricia and Katie hosting at Tricia's house. It was the perfect day filled with lots of friends and family and lots of love for Baby H (and me :) ) Tricia & Katie served a delicious brunch including yummy mini cupckaes for dessert. We ended up staying there for like 5 hours I think - probably a record for a baby shower! It was just so fun though to get a chance to catch up with everyone and share fun stories, laughs and good times without the chaos of everyday life (including a 2 year old whom I adore but need a break from once in a while!) It was even more special having my Mom and sister there - it made the day complete.

Julie, Dana, Kasia, Aimee & Tricia


Katie pulling her delicious egg casseroles out of the oven


Me, Dana & Dani


Brunch is served


Kasia, Aimee & Krista catching up. There's those cupcakes - yum!


The 2 Grandma's so excited for the arrival of their new grandbaby!


Mom, Christine & I


Loving Baby H so much already!


Jill, Carol, Melissa & I (the best in-laws you could ever ask for!)


The whole group!


Time for some presents...



Will we have a baby boy or a baby girl?? Only 16 days left till we know! I can't wait to find out which of these sweet beanies Melissa handmade will be worn home!


Thank you Tricia and Katie for hosting such a great party. Baby Hoelting and I felt incredibly loved and had an amazing time celebrating he/she's soon arrival!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I've never heard of a baby sprinkle, but I love the idea! It looks like you had a great time with the girls... good luck getting through these next 2 weeks -- you still continue to look like dynomite!