I had bought pre-made sugar cookie dough a week earlier to make the whole process a bit easier :) I was definitely exhausted Sunday but decided to go for it and pulled out the dough. Chase bellied up to the island and was so excited watching me roll out the dough and pull out the cookie cutters for him to use. He cut out the first couple and then I took over cutting as he decorated. Chase had an absolute BALL and decorated about 2 dozen cookies all on his own (I think Craig was able to sneak one to decorate!) I love this age because Chase is becoming so independent and understands how to do these types of activities now - he seriously loves helping me bake. He loved picking out the different decorations for each cookie and would check in with us once in awhile to see if we thought that was a good choice for decorating - ha ha!
For some reason the cookies plumped up like CRAZY when they got baked and the shapes turned a little unrecognizable. Oops! When I got a little disappointed pulling them out of the oven my wise husband said, "It's not about the cookies, it's about the experience of making them." This is why I love him - I need this in my everyday life to keep me sane. There's a reason God had us find each other :) He's absolutely right and right now I am finding myself desperate to collect as many memories with Chase as I can while he is still our only "baby." I will always remember this day and the fun we had just the 3 of us! I am SUPER excited for our family of 4 - but you know what I mean...
We all had a blast and this was the perfect cure for a 37 week tired pregnancy coma :)
Chase is decorating away while Daddy has his own fun in the background - too funny!
Chase's finished product!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, ours did the same thing - blew up beyond recognition of the original shapes! I was annoyed at first too, but remembered it was the process of making them together that mattered. I think it was that pre-made cookie dough - ha ha ha!
Post a Comment