Wednesday, December 22, 2010

37 1/2 Weeks




This upcoming weekend I will hit 38 weeks and am due in just 8 days from today!!! I had another Dr appt on Monday and have my last one next Wednesday. On Monday the baby looked great still, still measuring well, I've gained 16 lbs and still just barely 1 cm dilated. Looks like everything will stay as planned for a Dec 30th baby :)

I'm definitely ready to have our baby - getting very uncomfortable, especially trying to sleep at night. I feel pretty good during the day but am sore by the end of the day and ready to not have 16 lbs strapped onto my belly! At the same time I am getting nervous. The whole scheduled C-section thing is definitely starting to take over my nerves. I know it will be nice because it will be quick with no labor - but going into the hospital in no pain and then going into surgery fully aware is freaking me out a little! BUT... I know it will be fine and the end result will get me through it :0)

We still aren't 100% decided on names - I don't think we will be until we know the sex and have to pick one! I asked Craig how long it is acceptable to have the baby here with no name - ha ha JK! The first text that goes out will probably just say Baby Girl/Boy Hoelting has arrived - I have a feeling it will take us some time. Hopefully we will just see them and know!

2 comments:

The Frisbees said...

8 DAYS!!!!! :)

Kate said...

Good luck with everything Lori! I've really enjoyed the behind the scenes of your pregnancy thru your blog. I'm in suspense over the sex and name, HAHA!!! (oh, and in response to your question on my blog -- yeah, I kept my last name for now. I'll change it down the road, but for now I'm super attached to it and Bryan doesn't mind either way :)