Ok, so I always thought it was pretty silly that they have graduations from preschool/kindergarten, etc....I mean do the kids have a choice but to pass and graduate? Lol. You may be thinking the same thing as well...UNTIL it is YOUR kid that is graduating and wearing a cap and gown. Then, I promise, it is the cutest and most precious thing in the world!!!
Chase's daycare (preschool) that he has gone to since we moved here had their graduation ceremony for all the kids going into kindergarten on the Sunday that my Mom and sister were here. We were so excited that they could come to this event with us! Chase was especially excited that they were here to see it as well!
Before I get to the ceremony, what is a graduation without a graduation party?! One of the families in Chase's class had their 2nd annual end of the year party at their house on the Saturday night before graduation. They put on such a great production with a jump house, a bounce house maze (Brady was OBSESSED), they have a playset in the backyard, they had a barrel train being pulled around by a friend of theirs on a tractor plus tons of food and drinks for kids and adults. Everyone had such a blast and it was a fun evening to relax and talk to a bunch of the parents we have known for years now.
Brady loved this maze!!
Barrel Train
When we arrived home after the party we came home to the cutest sign in our frontyard!! Goddard has been an amazing daycare for our family and it is these special touches that make all the difference in the world!
Our graduate on the way to the ceremony
Family photo
Let's be real.... this is a little more accurate of our lives. Chase is our perfect picture poser and Brady has a mind of his own!!! God help us with that child - lol :)
I can't believe my monkey is going into Kindergarten soon!!
I got 1 picture with Aunt Christine & Grandma - yay!
Chase & Carson
Brady is always looking at Chase in pictures - pretty cute :)
Chase & Carson with one of their teachers, Mr. Josh
There they go!
The beginning of the ceremony was a slideshow put to music of pictures throughout the years of the kids growing up. I was bawling as Ms. Amanda spoke and as the slideshow played. Chase has been going here since we moved to CO and he was only 15 months old. It really is a family to us. We still have many more years with them between Brady and baby girl but it was an emotional stepping stone for me. If you know me, it's not too shocking that I was crying I'm sure - lol :)
Time for the Pledge of Allegiance and to sing "You Are My Sunshine" and "Make New Friends"
Carson getting his diploma. They called each kids name and had them walk out, they asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up and then gave them their diploma. Carson wanted to be in the army.
Chase's turn.
What do you want to be when you grow up Chase?
"A baseball player!"
Let's hope buddy!!!
After the ceremony the kids ran around outside and had cookies and punch. Just for my own documenting purposes let's just say there may have also been an incident outside where Carson, Sam and Chase all pulled down their pants and peed on a tree together! Yikes - I totally missed it but it is one of those "what are you doing/yet completely hilarious" moments! Chase said it was not his idea so I guess we need to work on not being a follower - lol :)
A serious moment caught by Aunt Christine on film :)
Hugs from Granda H
The boys with Grandma & Papa H
Grandma T's turn!
Burning off some energy with friends!
And to finish....for some reason while Mom & Christine were here Brady started doing poses all over the house and telling you to watch and laughing hysterically. He hasn't done it since so I guess visitors brought out the performer in him :)
Congrats to our little graduate! I'm sure more tears will come in August as we walk through the doors to your first day of Kindergarten. You are ready though buddy, such a smart kid and ready for your next chapter in life!

No comments:
Post a Comment