Thursday, June 6, 2013

34 Week Update!


34 Weeks

This picture was taken last week at 33 weeks but I had my 34 week Dr appt this past Monday.  I have been going every 2 weeks the last 3 appointments because I was worried that baby girl wasn't moving enough.  She has since began to dance quite a bit and I am learning that girls are just a lot different than boys (even in utero).  Baby girl is very calm and makes slow fluid movements and really doesn't punch at me or have hiccups like both boys did, they were like wild animals in there.  Makes sense, come visit my house :)

I can't believe that we are just 5 weeks away from meeting our baby girl!!  But we are ready and my body is definitely ready. 

I still have been blessed with very easy pregnancies (knock on wood) but this one still continues to be the toughest.  Having 2 kids and now the temps rising to the 90's, my body is aching like crazy by the end of the day.  I know I do too much and need to sit and relax more, but it just isn't in me to do that - lol. 

My appt on Monday went well, it was all of 2 minutes with one of the other doctors in my practice.  I heard baby girls heartbeat, I am measuring on track and that was about it.  Now back in 2 weeks and then we are down to the final countdown of weekly visits!  My c-section is still scheduled for July 10th and we are registered at the hospital and ready to go.

A few pregnancy stats at 34 weeks:

Weight:
Gained a total of 18 lbs so far.  Looks like I will gain the most with this little nugget but it is pretty much all in my belly.  I feel totally off balance and I am having a hard time picking things up off the floor, putting on shoes, etc..good thing it is flip flop season :)

Food:
Still no real aversions.  Still love fruit, cereal, bagels with cream cheese and ice cream of course :)  No cravings - I still don't know if I believe those actually exist.  I am still a camel and drink a ton of water everyday which turns into a vicous cycle of drinking and peeing all day long - lol!

Sleeping:
I think I am used to my sleeping routine of getting up a few times a night to go to the bathroom so I feel like I am getting some rest.  I live for my body pillow and it is a lifesaver.  The hardest thing about sleeping is Brady.  He still wakes up about 3-4 times a night and the last few nights Craig and I have taken turns sleeping in his bed with him for like an hour a piece.  What in the world are we going to do when Brady and a newborn are waking up allll night - yikes!

Energy:
I have decent energy throughout the day but by 9pm I am done.  My stomach KILLS at the end of the night and there is so much pressure on the bottom of my belly.  I have had Braxton Hicks with baby girl  A LOT and I don't remember ever having them with either of the boys.  They feel like contractions/cramps/jolts of pain and then my belly gets super hard and throbs.  It goes away but while they last it can take your breath away.

Stretch Marks/Bloating
I don't have any stretch marks and no bloating, just like the first 2 pregnancies.  I think so much of this is genetic so thank you Mom for the good genes in that department :)  I have a tiny linea nigra but it is barely there.

I am feeling calmer about baby girls arrival now that her room is ready, I have gotten my pump, bottles, etc out and cleaned them and ordered new parts I needed.  I have a lot of clothes now thanks to my amazing family and friends and they are washed and ready for her to wear! 

I am trying to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy.  It really is an amazing experience and, unless something in our plans changes immensely, this will be the last time I get this experience.  Love you to pieces already baby girl!

No comments: