A little behind here but our sweet Hads turned 10 months on May 10th!
This picture made me laugh - I said "Look at the bear Hads!" and she pointed at it too :)
I cannot believe our sweet girl is approaching 1 year old quickly - how has it gone by so fast?! Hadley is still such a smiley and sweet baby but I will say in the last month she has gotten much harder than she has been up till this point! Now, "harder" is a very relative term as I know there are parents out there with colicky babies and sick babies so I will keep that in perspective. For us though it has been a big change. She is still in a phase of only wanting me to hold her so even if Craig is holding her and she sees me walk in the room, she freaks until I take her. I feel bad because other people always die over her and want to hold her but she wants no part of it, lol! The problem lately though is even if I hold her she acts like she wants down and reaches towards the floor, then I put her down and she cries and wants me to hold her? When we put her in her highchair she does a good job eating but she is constantly trying to stand up and jump out of the chair so you have to stand right next to her and keep putting her back in her seat. So just a fussier baby lately and not really ever sure what she wants. Now, about 3 weeks after this fussier baby arrived I was tickling her and noticed her 2 front teeth finally came through! So we will chalk it up to teething and hope she mellows out soon :)
Hadley is so adventurous and such a tough little girl already - definitely a product of 2 big brothers! She dies laughing when they run around and wrestle and fall down. When they get on the ground and play with her I always think they are being pretty rough but she dies laughing so I guess she is just fine :) Chase and Brady are still completely obsessed with her and get so excited to see her and play with her. They are very protective too and anytime she cries they run to get toys or Brady will run to the pantry to get her crackers, haha! She is in good hands.
CLOTHES:
Hads is wearing mostly 9 month clothes but some 6-9 months outfits still definitely fit. All her jammies are 9 months except a couple 6 months ones that she can still squeeze into. She did finally move to a size 3 diaper. She started wearing shoes everyday and I die over her cute little sandals, Robeez and baby sneakers she has.
EATING:
She has been able to feed herself for a few months now and is a master of self feeding from hand to mouth.
TEETH:
She has 5 teeth now and finally just got her top 2 teeth to break through. I think she has quite a few following close behind so looks like we have some Tylenol nights a head of us.
SLEEPING:
Are you ready, are you ready?? She is SLEEPING THROUGH THE
NIGHT!!!! I cannot even explain how much our lives have improved in the
last month and a half that she has finally been sleeping through the night. I
got my hand slapped a little by my Dr at her 9 month appt that we were
still feeding her 1 or 2 times a night, but I am glad she did. We knew
it was a horrible habit but we were too tired to do anything else so we
were just doing it. Enter the miracle sound machine that my sister
texted me about. She bought the Conair sleep machine off Amazon that
the book Moms On Call recommends. It was working with my 12 week nephew
so I jumped on my phone and ordered it (I am obsessed with Amazon Prime
so we had it quickly!)The first night we tried it she woke up and screamed for 15 minutes but then went back to sleep. We didn't feed her, yay!! Since then it has gotten better and better and now she doesn't wake up at all or she wakes up for like 2 minutes, makes a couple noises and goes right back to sleep. So now she is going to bed at 7:30pm and she either wakes up around 6am or sometimes we have to wake her up at 6:30am to get her ready to go. AMAZING!!
Naps are getting better at daycare and are averaging out to be about an hour twice a day. Sometimes they are only 30 minutes but sometimes it will be 1 1/2 hours so hopefully she is getting into more of a routine.
PLAYING:
Hads
is constantly on the move and is crawling throughout the house looking
for what she can put in her mouth - lol - it is exhausting! The worst
part is since she has 2 older brothers, even though we literally vaccuum
at least once a day, there are still little crumbs all the time from
her messy brothers! We always have to scour the floor for
toys/food/etc. You don't notice it with your first born and it isn't
even as bad the 2nd time but with 2 older ones now it is a constant
cleaning job. She also loves crawling to doorstops and playing with
them. Sometimes we try to move the ottomans around to block her into
the family room but she gets soo mad! She looks for a way out and
usually gets stuck trying to squeeze between our big arm chair and the
wall.
Hadley, some of your favorite things at 10 months are:
* Your brothers (especially when they play ball)
* Rolling a ball back and forth on the floor with someone
* Playing with this wooden puzzle set we have
* Playing peekaboo, especially with a blanket
* Drinking water from sippie cups
* Chewing on everything
*
Baths - she still loves taking baths at night but sometimes they have to be very short because she constantly tries to dive under the water. She actually tries to bite on the drain...crazy girl!! Usually the foam letters and bath toys keep her entertained but other nights all she wants is the drain so we cut it short.
* Pulling up on everything
* Crawling around in the loft and our bedroom
Hadley - you are still so close to walking but still prefer to crawl. Looks like you will be our latest walker but I don't think it is too far away!
A few moments from the last month...
Down for the count with a 12 hour stomach bug :(









No comments:
Post a Comment