Friday, August 14, 2015

Chase turns 7!

I know everyone says this and I say it every year too but....how in the world is my BABY 7 years old?!?!  I can't even let my brain go to the point of looking at pictures of him as a baby because it brings tears to my eyes every time.  I am sooo proud of the AMAZING little man Chase has become but I just can't believe how quickly his toddler years went.

Chase - 
You have the kindest heart, have a fierce competitive spirit, always want to do your best and please others, are an incredible natural athlete, are so smart (school comes so easily for you), have beautiful handwriting that makes teachers always use your work as examples to other students, have so much energy and a love for life, and you love just being outdoors having fun!

We certainly did a lot of celebrating with lots of little parties and lots of singing to this special boy...
First up - celebrating with his class the day before his birthday!  I brought ice cream cups in the day before his birthday since his birthday was really the last day of school and it was only a half day and just too crazy to throw in a celebration.  He had fun wearing a crown, having his friends sing and I was able to hang out for about 15 minutes.  





The morning of his birthday I decorated a chair with his favorite color and he had a donut waiting for breakfast...


After school we headed to frozen yogurt with a bunch of our neighbor friends to celebrate the last day of school (and Chase's birthday in my mind, lol!)


Family celebration that night...presents, ice cream cake and trying out some of his new presents!  Grandma & Papa H were able to come over and help us celebrate as well.













Lol!!  I think he is side eyeing Brady to make sure he doesn't blow out his candles!!



A little sibling love to end a great birthday night




Lastly, for Chase's party this year he chose to have a sleepover with 4 friends instead of a big elaborate party...I was excited!  So a few weekends later we had 4 of his closest friends over, we went to Boondocks and rode race cars, played laser tag and mini golf and played games.  Then we came home, I did a scavenger hunt for them (with the final prize being their own little Lego) and they finished the night with a movie.  It was a fun night and they surprisingly all got a decent amount of sleep!
He chose a Lego theme so I got to work on this cake and was pretty excited about how it turned out.

















No comments: