Thursday, December 5, 2013

Turkey Trot Champ!

While I was in CA for Christine's baby shower - I got this photo from Craig!!

Chase was crowned the Turkey Trot champion for Kindergarten boys - fastest boy in his grade!! 


I was sad when I realized that I would be out of town for Chase's Thanksgiving feast and to watch the annual turkey trot.  But Craig was able to take off of work to attend the feast so that was a big relief :)  The turkey trot had a bit of a hiccup this year due to the cold weather and snow that we got.  Usually I guess they run outside on a course and each grade goes one at a time by gender and whoever crosses the finish line first wins a turkey!  

They practiced the course on the Tuesday before and he came in 4th.  He kept saying that he just couldn't win because Carson won and he is faster.  We kept telling him that he is fast and he could win (we aren't competitive at all - lol!)  

Well due to the snow they moved it inside and did time trials in the gym with the gym teacher.  Chase has gym on Thursdays so when I talked to him on the phone Thursday night he told me he was winning but there were still 2 classes to get timed on Friday.

So when I got Craig's picture on Friday afternoon, I was sooo excited!!  His time held out and he won!! 
I think I was more excited than him ;)  Not sure where he got the speed from - certainly not us!

Who doesn't love a 14 lb turkey as a prize - haha!

No comments: