It was also a special weekend because it isn't often I get to spend that much one on one time with 1 of my kids. It would be fun to do a little weekend away with each of them at some point. It is amazing how different my kids are individually and it is great to get that opportunity.
We headed out Thursday morning and of course my Hadley girl was an angel while traveling, she slept the entire way. I actually wished I had a magazine with me, didn't think I would need one but I was bored - haha! I decided to take a nap with her instead :)
Hanging out with Grandma and Papa our first night in town
Friday morning I was so excited to get to spend a little time with Kari and her kiddos, Reese and Dane
I headed back home and my sister had come up to hang out for the day! She got some snuggle time and smiles from Hads and then all of us girls ran some errands picking up desserts for the shower the next day!
That night, we headed to one of our favorite family spots for dinner, Tutto Fresco! We discovered it back in high school and it has always been one of our favorite places to eat. While we were out we kept saying how rare it was for just the 4 of us (plus Hads) to be all together on our own. Having our own families now, we never get together as our family of 4 so it was a neat opportunity. My Dad thought we probably looked funny - one daughter super pregnant and one daughter with a newborn and no husbands - haha!
Christine getting some great pictures while getting ready for bed
Morning smiles with Papa
She was so excited to go to her baby cousin's baby shower!
We held baby boy Frisbee's shower at Christine & Jim's house and we did a
"Sweet Baby Boy" theme with desserts, wine and coffee!
My Mom, Tracy and I (the hostesses) with the Mama to be before the party started
Getting ready!
Coffee Station
Chocolate covered pretzels I made as favors! These were so easy to make and were so yummy and cute, I am definitely making these as little gifts for Christmas!
Guess baby boy's weight!
The girls all dolled up!
"Sweet Baby" dessert table
Sooo happy for my sister and so glad I got to be there for this special day!
I had such a great time seeing old friends that we used to hang out with all the time when we lived in San Diego! Some really awesome girls that I definitely miss!
Lisa & I
Billie, Sarah, Lauren & I
Great Aunt Carol playing with Hads
(My Dad's Mom's sister)
Billie getting her baby fix :)
Ben, Jim & my Dad were planning on leaving once the shower started but Ben was napping and then once he woke up he really wanted to be a part of the party! So they all ended up staying and experienced their first baby shower, lol! Ben did a great job helping Christine open all her presents, never seen gifts opened so fast before!!
Relaxing after the guests left - such a fun day!
With our cousin Laura and Great Aunt Carol
Squeezing in a little quality time with Ben after the party. He was teaching me how to draw his special spiders and I think I helped him fix the direction he was writing the J in his name! Yay! We worked on a picture together that I could take back to Chase.
Ben being so sweet to Hadley!
We were hanging out in the new nursery looking through some clothes and
Ben was getting her to laugh to hard!
Saying goodbye :(
Taking a nap on Papa Sunday morning
A few pics with Grandma and Papa before we had to head to the airport
Hadley was once again an angel and easy traveler the whole way home. We had such a fun trip but I was so excited to see my boys! They picked us up at the airport and it was so great to see their sweet faces. Once we got home I gave Chase and Brady a few presents from Grandma and Papa plus the picture for Chase from Ben. He loved it :)
What a special and amazing weekend we had in CA. I am so grateful I was able to be there and am so blessed to have such an amazing family. My sister said if I had given a speech at the shower she probably would have lost it...I didn't think about giving a speech so I didn't, but if I had given one, it would have gone something like this:
"Christine, I am so beyond excited that we all get to be together to celebrate the soon arrival of your newest sweet baby boy. It has been a long and very hard road for him to get here and no one deserves a healthy baby more than you and Jim. You are one of the strongest people I know. You stayed positive, you persevered and now, in just another month, you will get to hold that sweet baby that you have been longing for. You and Jim are such amazing parents and I am overjoyed that God is giving you the opportunity to raise another child and so happy that Ben gets the opportunity to be a big brother. This day of celebrating means the world to you and Jim but it also means the world to the rest of us that have had our hearts broken right along with you on this journey. Our hearts are healed with the joy of our new grandson, nephew and cousin. Chase has now been praying for your belly every single night for over 2 years and I am so thankful that soon we can move on to a new prayer :) I love you so much and can't wait to hold your sweet miracle in my arms. What a lucky lucky baby to be born into such a loving family. I am so excited for your family of 4!"








1 comment:
Oh my gosh, now I am crying at work. Thank you so much for those sweet words. You and your family mean the world to us and can't wait to all be together at Christmas. :) Love you.
Post a Comment