The tooth fairy made her 1st visit to our house last Tuesday night, on November 12th!
About a week before this Chase came home and said his tooth was loose. I couldn't believe it! These are the type of milestones that really make me feel like my little monkey is growing up soo fast. Over the next few days we were just waiting for it to fall out and we even put a ziploc baggie in Chase's backpack in case he lost it at school. That little tooth was hanging on strong though and even when we tried to pull it a few nights it just wouldn't come out! I picked up Chase from his after school program on Tuesday and he told me it fell out! He showed me and I asked him where his tooth was? He told me he swallowed it!! I was actually kind of worried about that happening and I kept asking him if he was serious because he was smiling funny when he told me. He kept telling me yes and all the way to the car I kept saying, "Did you really swallow it?" He kept telling me yes and he asked what would happen with the tooth fairy.... I told him he would have to just write her a note explaining what happened! Then as we were pulling in the driveway I said "you really swallowed it?' one more time and he laughed and said "No, I was just kidding you Mama! It fell out on the playground." What? What a little stinker! Not sure why he wanted to mess with me but it was pretty cute to hear him try and joke around :)
So...the real story is it fell out on the playground (which is wood chips) so it was long gone!
Chase was
really excited for the tooth fairy to come that night but his main concern was
that Brady better sleep good so that she would come - lol! He said, "Mom, Brady messes around so much at night so what if she doesn't come because he is awake?" I was dying
when he said that!
Chase
wrote his note to the tooth fairy and then we rolled it up and put it in
his little tooth pillow that Grandma T had given him a couple years
ago! That little pillow came with a cute tooth fairy book and has been
waiting in his closet for this very day.
The next morning, I woke Chase up for school and asked him, "Did the tooth fairy come?" His eye lit up and he threw his pillow to the side and got the BIGGEST smile on his face when he saw the dollars sticking out! It was pure magic, I am telling you :) I decorated the dollars with glittery puffy paint and he thought that was pretty cool too!
What a fun milestone for our family..but I have to say it makes me laugh every time he smiles and I see the missing tooth. Kids look so funny with missing teeth - lol!
1 comment:
No! Not ready for him to be getting so old already!!!! :) $2 huh? The tooth fairy has stepped up her game, I think I got $.25!
Post a Comment