What are the chances that 2 of my close friends would have a Sip and See baby shower thrown for them on the same day at the exact same time?? Well it happened, so Hadley and I spent the day with great girlfriends celebrating 2 very special brand new baby girls and their Mama's!
A Sip and See is a pretty new phenomenon I think and I absolutely love the concept!! It is designed for your 2nd, 3rd, etc children and it is a shower thrown after the baby is born so that everyone can actually meet the baby :) Our friends threw us one for Hadley and it was so fun to have them all be able to meet her at just 10 days old!
So a few Sundays ago, we started the morning celebrating baby Sadie and my girlfriend, Michelle. Michelle is one of my neighbors and has become a great friend in the years we have lived here. She watched Brady full time for us for a year from the time he was 6 month to 1 1/2. She was so amazing with him and we have spent a lot of time over the last few years with their family. Their first daughter, Zoey, is 4 and she and Brady have the cutest little bond from spending a year playing together. I am so happy that they welcomed a second baby girl into their lives!! Sadie was born Sept 19th and is such a sweetie!! I can't believe I didn't get a picture with her or Michelle, hello! I did get a couple pics with some of the other girls in our little neighborhood group. I will have to add some pics with Michelle and Sadie next time I see them :)
So blessed to be surrounded by so many great friends and Mommy's right in my own backyard.
While Michelle was finishing opening presents, Hadley and I hightailed it down south to one of my close college friends sip and see. Dana is one my best friends from college and we still have a very close knit group of friends. Baby Makayla was born just 10 days earlier, on October 22nd! I got there right as the shower was ending so some girls had to leave right away. I was able to stay a few more hours and chit chat with these girls below and it was so nice to get some quality time with them! It was amazing to hold a newborn again - it is crazy how much Hadley has changed already and how quickly you forget what a true "newborn" feels like.
We were getting ready to leave and I was dying at how cute these sweet girls looked next to each other!! Look at what a difference 3 1/2 months makes!! Craziness! The funny part is they probably aren't too far apart in weight - lol - Makayla was born at 8lbs 14oz so they are probably only a few lbs apart at this point. But what a difference in how alert babies become in just a few short months. I can't wait to watch these girlfriends grow up together!
Such an amazing day celebrating new babies - nothing better than that :)


No comments:
Post a Comment