Chase loves playing soccer at home (it involves a ball and outdoors so of course he loves it) but we had a feeling come game time it might be a different story. Chase definitely has a VERY shy personality when he is in a new situation and he is an observer that takes awhile to warm up. Once he warms up - watch out! We had a feeling "shy" Chase might be the one to show up to the soccer game and we were right about that one :)
This league is through our YMCA and they just do a 30 minute practice followed by a 30 minute game every Saturday morning. Chase was definitely hesitant and wanted us close by but he definitely still got out there and played - he even scored a goal!! Yay!!!
Everytime we go watch one of our nephews play a sport Chase is obsessed with the fact that all the kids get a snack and a drink after the game - he thinks it is so cool. We may have used this as a bribing technique to get him to play during the game :) It worked though and he did a great job for his first game!! We found out that some of the kids on his team had played 2 or 3 seasons already and it took awhile before they warmed up so I have no doubt every game Chase will get more excited.
He's not too sure here....
Just scored his goal!! I was too excited cheering to get a picture of it but he's running to us right after!
Taking a break with Daddy
Time to give 5's to the other team!
There's those team snacks :)
On a side note when we showed up to the game I definitely had an embarrassing rookie soccer mom moment. For some reason Craig & I thought since they are only 3 that they would just show up and play in their little tennis shoes. Boy were we WRONG! Every kid was decked out in shinguards, soccer socks and kleats - yikes! I was so embarrased! Thank goodness one other little boy on Chase's team didn't have any either but you can bet that we are all set for this Saturday's game, kleats and all :)
1 comment:
That is so funny about the cleats and shin guards! I wouldn't have gotten them either. Now you know. At least it wasn't the other way around and Chase was the ONLY one all decked out - I think that would have been more embarrasing. :) LOL!
Post a Comment