A few weekends ago Craig headed off to Hilton Head, SC for one of our best friend, John's, bachelor party. So what did that mean?? I was alone with all 3 kids from Thursday morning until Sunday night - ahhhh! Well, my Mom came to the rescue and flew out to CO to stay with us and help me make it through the weekend :)
Mom was supposed to fly out Thursday morning but due to my health issues she came in even earlier. The previous week I had a root canal done on my front bottom tooth. My dentist had been watching my tooth for a few years because she said it was dying due to "trauma". Trauma by the way means that I got hit in the mouth by one of my kids - awesome. It had nothing to do with not taking care of my teeth but she said it is more common than you think with parents of young children. I have had 3-4 bloody lips from my kids knocking into me with their heads on accident over the past couple years so I wasn't totally surprised - lol! I had the root canal done and over the next few days started having EXTREME pain in my mouth. The dentist said I was having a "flare up" which is a known possible side effect. Well, mine turned into one of the most extreme cases my dentist has seen in 20 years. After trying antibiotics for 4 days with no relief, downing so much ibuprofin that it was causing me to throw up, not being able to eat for a few days plus 3 nights of not sleeping and just bawling in the middle of the night I finally ended up in the hospital on a Friday night. I got an IV of stronger antibiotics plus pain meds through the IV and then got sent home with more oral antibiotics and percocet. This was finally what worked and over the next few days I finally got relief and started to heal! I had to pump and dump for a few days with that much medicine in my bloodstream but luckily I had enough frozen milk that we did not have to use any formula with Hads.
With all of this going on my parents were worried so my Mom actually flew in on Sunday afternoon and stayed with us for over a week. It is so amazing to have parents that will drop everything to rush out to help - even at 32 your kids need you :) Good thing my Mom did come out early because that week Brady ended up getting croup so I needed the extra hands to take care of the kids and go to dr appts, etc....whew what a mess of a week it was- lol!!
After we finally got through the illnesses, we had a really fun time with my Mom visiting! I couldn't have done it without her and am so grateful that she came to lend a hand! I didn't take a ton of pictures but she played games with the kids, did arts and crafts, helped with laundry, dishes and making dinner and helped shuttle the kids around to all the activities we had throughout the weekend!
We love you Grandma!!
Tummy time with Hadley

Fall arts and crafts
Friday night Craig's company, Ball Aerospace, rented out Elitch's and we were allowed to go from 5-9 and have the amusement park to ourselves! Mom and I decided to go for it and take all 3 kids. It was fun because we ran into some friends from Goddard right when we walked in so Chase was excited to run around to all the kiddie rides with Madison. It was hectic, especially trying to get food - yikes, but overall the kids did great and they had so much fun running around to all the rides in kiddie land!
Walking in hand in hand with Madison :)
Mom keeping Hadley happy!
This is why you need 2 people :)
Hi Brady bear!!
Both boys LOVED the rollercoaster!
I was dying to get a family photo and the boys obliged pretty well :) I may or may not have promised ice cream afterwards!
Having their very first dippin' dot ice cream before heading home! Chase is in love with it now!
We made some candy acorns as a fall treat another night while Mom was here
Finished product
Showing off their plateful of their creations
One last photo before Mom left and headed to Indiana to visit her brother and sister
Love you so much Mom - thanks for being here when we needed you!
We had so much fun with you here!

















No comments:
Post a Comment