Hadley turned 3 months old on October 10th! It is amazing how much she has changed in such a short amount of time and she is turning into such a strong and interactive little girl! The days of her sleeping all day and being a "newborn" are almost hard to remember already!
This was our toughest photo shoot so far because she is just so curious so she didn't want to look up at me, lol! She kept looking down at the bear and trying to roll over! Craig and Chase helped get her attention and we finally at least caught some with her head up :)
WEIGHT:
I have no idea how much she weighs since we don't have another appt until she is 4 months old. She is growing out of her clothes though and I had to pack away all of her newborn jammies and clothes - tear :( I think she is still a pretty petite 3 month old but she is definitely getting bigger and bigger everyday. When we were in Vail a guy asked me how old she was and I told him 3 months....he said "oh wow, I would have said 6-8 weeks and I am a pediatrician!" Lol - I guess she still looks pretty little to other people!
SLEEPING:
Hadley is still on a "sleep when you want" schedule throughout the day at Grandma & Papa's house. I am totally fine with it, with all of our kids they usually didn't fall into a good napping schedule until around 6 months old. At night she is on a much more consistent schedule. She goes to sleep around 9pm, gets up between 2-3am to eat, eats for about 20 minutes and goes right back to sleep until around 5:45am. She is still in a bassinet next to our bed so I just sit up in bed, pick her up, nurse her in bed and put her right back down. I then go down and pump so I have enough milk for the next day but all in all we aren't too sleep deprived in our household :) Then again, having 3 small children, being tired is just part of everyday life! She still likes being swaddled at night so she still sleeps in a sleep sack with another blanket around her legs.
EATING:
Now that I am back at work (boo) Hadley is drinking from a bottle throughout the day at my in-laws house. She is still 100% breastmilk and is doing a good job so far of going back and forth from nursing to bottle. I nurse her in the morning before Craig takes her, then she has 4 bottles filled with 3 1/2 oz of breastmilk throughout the day and then I nurse her usually 2 more times before bed and once in the middle of the night. I have to pump 3 times during the day while working to have enough milk for the next day. Right now I am pumping exactly enough for what is needed the next day so I am hanging on! I have never produced a ton of breastmilk so it is definitely a full time job in itself to keep up with her!
PLAYTIME AND TEMPERAMENT:
Hadley is still a very easy baby, although she has had a couple rough days at Grandma and Papa's with a little stomach bug. I think her stomach got upset from a couple different rounds of antibiotics I had to take for sicknesses, so we are giving her a probiotic everyday and hoping it helps her feel better. She smiles like crazy and has even started giggling a little! Craig can get some cute giggles by tickling her with his chin right under her ribs :)
She does great on her playmat on the floor but she will not stay on her back for even a second! As soon as you put her down she flips onto her stomach and pulls her head up - it is amazing how strong that little thing is :) She has even started rolling so she will move a few feet across the room. She loves music and loves when the boys and I sing to her! She also still loves bathtime and all 3 of them laugh when we sing "Splish Splash) to her while she is in the bath! (The boys are obsessed with helping me bath her - they think it is so cute and fun!)
You are getting so big Hadley girl!
We love you with all our hearts!
Had to include a few outtakes from our photo shoot - lol....
Using Buzz Lightyear to get her to look up!
Afterwards Chase had to hold her of course :)
He is so in love and he loves that he can make her smile now!
No comments:
Post a Comment