Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Settling In

Our first few weeks at home have been spent adjusting to becoming a family of 5!  It took me awhile to recover from my C-section, I was definitely in pain and had a hard time for about 2 weeks.  I actually was panicking about my pain medicine running out but I am through it and feeling so much more normal now.  My Mom and Craig were so awesome and so helpful and gave me a chance to breathe and recover. 

Craig and I are learning very quickly that having a 3rd baby is very different from having your first child, or even your second...we still have swim lessons, soccer practices, homework, making lunches, taking baths, etc for 2 other kids all while trying to tend to the demands of a newborn :)   

Life is definitely a huge adjustment with 3 kids and Craig and I have been trying our best to make sure everyone gets enough attention, staying patient with the boys and running on very little sleep!  It's a circus but it's OUR circus and we wouldn't have it any other way!

The boys have been awesome since Hadley has been born.  They are so in love with her and there hasn't been an ounce of jealousy yet.  Hopefully we will avoid it completely!

Hadley is a sweet sweet baby and still sleeps a lot but she does seem to have some tummy issues and seems to be in pain until she can pass gas or go to the bathroom.  I feel so bad for her because she just grunts and cries and seems like she is hurting :(  Hopefully it is a short term issue.

I can't seem to stop taking pictures of my sweet girl so here is a random collection of our life with our new addition these last few weeks...



Snuggling with Papa before he went back to CA




Chase adores her...




Nothing is better than this...I hate when they get too big to sleep like this.




Trying out the swing for the first time...


A photo of the first day I was finally starting to feel a little better.  Hadley was 6 days old.


Hadley also had her first Dr apt that day and was up to 7lbs 4oz :)


1st trip to Target at 1 week old!




Getting ready for football season :)


Love all her girlie outfits!


Melt my heart...


I'm so blessed to be married to such an amazing Daddy


Meeting Uncle Ty while he was visiting from CA


A small smile!


2 weeks old!


Love baby yawns


It has been so nice having a summer baby because we can still spend all our evenings playing outside!



Crazy kid....playing on Hadley's mat with a headlamp on...who knows?! Lol


Love her sleeping poses





Don't worry, the boys are still getting lots of attention and having a fun summer even with a new baby around:)







No comments: