Thursday, August 22, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten!

Bring on the tears...oh not for Chase, I'm talking about me!

On Monday we celebrated a big day in our house as Chase started his first day of Kindergarten!  We have been talking about this day for awhile and after a successful Back to School night and an assessment day with his teacher, Chase has been looking forward to it.  We went shopping for all his school supplies and a new backpack a few weeks ago to start the whole transition. 


Monday Craig stayed home in the morning and we both took him to school for the "red carpet" 1st day of Kinder celebration.  Before we left we were able to take some photos with our favorite elementary school student :)









Walking to the school from our car


In front of the Kinder playground


A photo taken by one of our friends.  Craig and I couldn't believe how many friends we saw...I forgot just how many people we know with kids all the same age.  It has made the whole experience that much more exciting and it also made me realize what good roots we have put down in our 4 years here.  Chase also has Carson in his class this year, how cool is that to have your cousin in class with you?!  :)


Getting lined up with another good buddy in his class, Jonah


Walking with his class to get ready for the red carpet




The principal made an amazing speech before letting the kids walk the red carpet.  I am very happy with our neighborhood elementary school so far.  There are so many choices when it comes to schools but we decided to stick with our local one.  Everyone has been so amazing, great communication, friendly staff and teachers and they have really made this transition for Chase and us so effortless.


Here is a video of the speech and red carpet that I took!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALj6FmoZtw&feature=youtu.be
 
My tears started flowing with her speech and mostly when I saw the little kids who were crying :(.  The mom in the black top across the aisle in the video is a friend of mine from Goddard and she made me cry too, lol, she is bawling and she triggered me! It's so funny because Chase has been in daycare since I went back to work at 3 months old so I am used to being away from him all day BUT there is still something so different about them going to real school for the first time.  It is a whole different world and such a milestone.  

Lastly, this picture was sent in an email from Chase's teacher on Monday night.  
So cute and so sweet of her to do!


Chase,  
We are so proud of you and are so amazed at how smart and responsible you are as a 5 year old.  You are ready to conquer the world and it has been amazing to watch you enter this new stage of your life with such grace.  As our first born, Daddy and I are learning with you and experiencing all these new adventures with you.  That will always be a special bond we share with you and we look forward to all the new 1st's we will experience with you this year in Kindergarten!
 Love you,
Proud Mommy

No comments: