Hadley and I spent our days recovering, snuggling, enjoying visitors, trying to eat more than jello and just bonding at all hours of the day and night. I always think I remember the hospital stay really well but the truth is I was on a constant rotation of Percocet and Motrin so when I look back through pictures it's a little fuzzy, lol. C-section recovery is no joke and those first few days are especially painful and difficult. It is amazing how hard it is just to get out of bed to go to the restroom or to take a short walk around the maternity wing.
My family is amazing though and the nurses were incredible and we really did have a very enjoyable hospital stay.
Grandma getting some snuggles
Daddy's turn
And now Papa's turn :)
On Thursday Jill, Don and the kids came to visit their new niece and cousin. They all loved holding Hadley and the girls are so excited to have another girl in the family. 9 cousins and Hadley is only the 3rd girl! She has some very cool older girl cousins to look up to :)
Hadley's Bear!!!
My Dad has a tradition that started with Chase of buying all his grandbabies a GIANT teddy bear in the hospital! Each of the kids is different and we take their monthly growth pictures with them the whole first year. Chase has a blue one, Brady has a brown one and Hadley has a gorgeous brown one with a rose pattern on it - perfect for a girl! The bears have continued to get larger with each grandbaby - lol! Thanks Papa (and Grandma) - we love our teddies!! Here he is bringing in Hadley's bear for the first time!
Grandma & Papa H
Resting with our bear :)
Hadley getting a hearing test done. We thought it looked so funny because it was like she was listening to an ipod :)
Flowers that arrived from Christine, Jim & Ben - beautiful :)
She looks like she is praying :) And she's awake!
Thursday afternoon Craig left to go spend time with the boys. He got them dinner, gave them showers and put them in their jammies and brought them back to the hospital to visit. They hung out and spent time with me and Hads for a bit and then my parents took them back home. Their favorite part was probably when Grandma and Papa showed them the fridge with the FREE jello and pudding :)
Chase is loving his baby sister and Brady just cares about his jello and chips - lol!
Love this picture, Chase is reaching out for her little toes
OK, now Brady wants to love on her a bit :)
OMG - I was melting when I took this...
Enjoying some quiet time with Hadley Thursday night after everyone left
Friday was more of the same...sleeping, small walks around the maternity ward and just relishing in the joy of a newborn!
So in love with their granddaughter!
I had to take a picture of this tea set up. Everyday in the afternoon a hospital volunteer would come in with a tray of beautiful teas and ask if I wanted one. I picked this orange ginger one and they would come back with this gorgeous arrangement. Tea in a pretty cup, a cookie and a chocolate. Of course I couldn't have the sweets, but I loved the tea and it was pretty easy to pawn off my cookie and chocolate to whoever was visiting at the time. Just so impressed with this little sentiment everyday :)
Getting ready to go home - all packed up!
Chase had a soccer game Saturday morning so my Dad, Craig and Brady went to cheer him on and my Mom came straight to the hospital to be with me. They arrived around 12pm and we got packed up and headed home as a family of 5!
All ready to go!
Here we go...on our way to this new adventure we call life :)














No comments:
Post a Comment