We have had some serious bad luck in the germs department in our house the last month...it has been horrible! I should say it has been longer than that since we had the horrible stomach bug come through in December as well. But the last month it has jus been 1 thing after another.
Starting MLK weekend when my parents were here visiting, I got strep throat, then I got a horrible sinus cold that took me out for like 3 days. I gave my cold to Craig & Brady so we all struggled with that for about a week. Then Brady picked up my strep throat. Brady got put on omoxicillin for strep and then this happened to him on day 8 of medicine......
Here is what a penicillin allergic reaction looks like!!! Yikes!
Our poor Brady bear is completely allergic to penicillin and he was covered in head to toes welts, swollen feet that looked like marshmellows and swollen face, eyes, etc.... The weird part is he has taken penicillin before for ear infections with no reaction! You never know when it can appear.
His reaction happened when I was out of town for work of course :( Craig texted me last Wed that Brady had a little rash on his legs and butt. The next morning Craig called me at 5:30am his time and thought Brady had chicken pox. He took him to Children's Hospital and we found out it was the allergy. You can't give them anything, besides tylenol or benedryl, and you just have to wait for the reaction to go away. Friday was the worst day (it definitely gets worse before it gets better) and I got home that day and finally got to snuggle my poor little guy.
By Sat he looked a lot better but then he started getting a fever, 102 by that night. He had a fever Sunday as well so I kept him home Monday and took him to the pediatrician AGAIN!!! We have been to our doctor and pediatrician more in the last couple months than we have in the last few years - I swear! Monday Brady was diagnosed with bronchitis! Ugh - one thing after another. Bronchitis is also something there is no medicine for, it is a viral infection that just has to run its course. He still has a bad cough, and probably will for a few weeks, but he is doing much better.
At one point through all this I also fell down the stairs, didn't get hurt but started crying because it scared me being pregnant and I was just over so much going wrong. Craig came over and said, "Do you think we can have someone come do a dance or something in our house to cleanse and fix our family?" Lol - seriously we were about to resort to that :)
I am happy to announce (fingers crossed) that we all seem to be on the mend. So stay away from us if you have a cold, flu or any type of illness - lol! Happy to see my family feeling better and smiling again!


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, didn't know about the bronchitis part, yikes. You guys have been through the ringer this winter. And crazy thing is I fell down the stairs last weekend - my back was sore for a few days but scared me more than anything. Ugh, can it be summer already? :)
Post a Comment