I know so many people think that Valentine's is a Hallwark holiday and overplayed...but I happen to LOVE it! What has made me love it about 100 times more? Having kids!!!
I think Valentine's is such a fun holiday for kids. Getting their Valentine's ready for school, cutting out hearts and mailing to relatives, cheap inexpensive gifts that get them so excited and a day to just have them realize how important it is tell people you love them :)
A few days before Valentines we worked on the boys school Valentines. I stole an idea from pinterest and made bags that said "I'm so glad we're in the same school." We filled Chase's with swedish fish candy and Brady's with goldfish crackers. We had a slight meltdown when I sat down with Chase to write his name on all the Valentines. The spot for him to sign was sooo small and it was just too hard for him. He is really good at writing his name but I didn't even think about the fact that writing it small would be so difficult. He did a few but was getting mad and then I was getting frustrated that he couldn't do it. Yikes! So I pulled a timeout and pulled him aside. I told him I was sorry and how proud of him I was for trying so hard...then we decided to go a new route. I wrote his name on the cards and he counted out 5 fish per bag and put them in each bag - still a team effort :)
On Valentines Day I made the boys some pink pancakes for breakfast and they headed off to daycare. Their daycare had a party from 10-11am so I took a break from work and was able to join! It's a little tough as a parent going back and forth to both classes but the boys both had a great time!
Chase's class playing bingo
Cookie decorating
The 3 Musketeers
Chase, Carson & Sam
Brady's class decorating cookies
Getting more sprinkles from Ms. Amber!
Brady picking a sucker from the sucker tree :)
After school the boys got home and we opened some fun little gifts for everyone :)
Flowers from my love
My heart message cards I made for the boys and hung them in the kitchen
Opening some chocolates
Brady holding tight to a stuffed animal and some gummy candies
Excited about the new Mickey outfit and bubble tape from Grandma & Papa T
I can't get great photos of this kid but he decided he would appease me and show me his Mickey sticker :)
For dessert we have a little tradition the last few years of making chocolate fondue. Chase loves it and has so much fun! Brady could care less because he hates chocolate but he was still pretty intrigued by what we were doing - lol :) Dipping fruit and pretzels into yummy chocolate was definitely a great way to end the night!
Ending the night playing with my sweet boys :)
Brady thought he was hilarious by sticking his tongue out for every picture :) This kid is a handful - love him!
Happy Valentine's everyone!














No comments:
Post a Comment