Christmas Eve is hosted by Marvin & Carol every year and it is always such a fun night of Christmas celebration! Of course, it is also always mad chaos with 9 adults and 8 kids, 10 years old and younger, but very very fun!
We went over to their house a little early this year so that we could put Brady down for a nap. Once he was down Craig, Chase & I headed to church with Jill & Don and their kids. Chase did awesome throughout the loooong service (especially since we got there 45 minutes early thinking it would be packed and we would have been fine showing up 10 minutes before - lol).
After church we headed back to Marvin & Carol's for their traditional dinner of crab legs! It is always a treat for everyone and everyone fights over them until they are gone :)
Beautiful table set up
After dinner we told eachother how we each spent our $100 for charity and then it was time for Papa to read "The Night Before Christmas."
Finally, it was time to open presents!! I thought the kids were going to explode waiting to open their gifts :) We draw names between all the adults and the kids also draw names for eachother. Marae had chosen Brady so here she is helping him open his gifts from her!
Ashlyn wanted to help too!
Kyler giving Chase his gift...
I didn't take too many photos on Christmas Eve but Melissa did get a big group photo that I will have to add once I get it from her!
We headed home about 10pm, got a chance to skype with Mom, Dad, Christine & Jim in CA and then put Chase to bed. Poor little man wasn't feeling well and had a fever so he asked me to put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and to also remember to sprinkle the reindeer food outside so Santa would know where to land. I knew he really wasn't feeling well when he didn't want to do it himself :(
Lastly, Craig and I thought we only had about 45 minutes of work to do between putting presents out, getting a few brunch items ready and building the kitchen from my parents. 2 1/2 hours later.... (damn kitchen!) we finally went to bed about 1am. Oh well, that's what it takes to be a good Santa right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment