Monday, November 29, 2010

Big Boy Bed

There were tears in my eyes as we made the big "move" this weekend.. Chase is growing up and it was time for his Big Boy bed! We have been meaning to move Chase into a bed for a few months but we just never had the time and he was still happy in his crib so it took awhile to get done. This weekend we finally got his new furniture and bed.

Sunday Craig ran over and picked up his furniture and mattress while Chase and I headed to Target to buy his new "Sports" themed room - of course - could we do anything different with this child?! Ha Ha I was absolutely dying at how excited Chase was about his bedding with baseballs, footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, etc and he kept yelling all of them out loud! As we were checking out he told everyone in line about his new big boy bed with the footballs and baseballs :)

Sunday afternoon we had to move all Chase's furniture into the Baby's room (aka Chase's playroom) so thus we had to clean out the playroom and organize, pack up and move toys and then finally get Chase's new room together - whew.. I am exhausted remembering it! Plus we had an issue with Chase's headboard, it was missing bolts and chipped - awesome - so needless to say that is in our room needing to get exchanged. We got it done though and check out the result...





We still have some decorating to do... Craig will be painting one accent wall blue, I have to repaint Chase's name letters and a shelf and we have sports decals to put up on the walls. I will post more pics once it is all together!

We have had 2 nights in the big boy bed and it is going great. Both nights I had to lay with Chase about an hour and half till he fell alseep but once he fell asleep he slept all night - yay! An hour and a half probably sounds long to lay there but when it consists of Chase giving me hugs, playing with my hair and giving kisses - it's sort of heaven on earth:) Last night as I was laying there I realized how much I need to soak up moments like that because in 1 month there will be 2 babies to take care of! I am trying to enjoy every second of Chase time I can while I can.

Congrats Chase on your Big Boy bed - you are growing up so fast before our very eyes!

1 comment:

The Frisbees said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so little in that bed. But he looks so happy too! Sounds like it's going well so far.