Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thanksgiving

This year at Thanksgiving my heart was truly full with all the blessings we have in our life that we are thankful for: 

* We have our health...we have been blessed with 3 very healthy children and I never take that for granted.  We have too many people we know who's babies are fighting cancer and other terrible diseases and we know how lucky we are to have our home free of this pain.  Our parents, and the rest of our immediate family, all have their health and have recovered from some pretty tough surgeries in the past year.  More than anything, I am thankful every day for this.

*  We have loving and nurturing families and friends.  We truly could not be blessed with more amazing families on either side.  We have no drama and we are so close with everyone and I know that is not incredibly common these days.  Our friends are the kind of friends that last a lifetime.  Whether it is my amazing high school girlfriends, our group of college friends that has remained incredibly tight, or our newly found neighbor friends we have spent so much time with the last few years, we have so many people in our lives who would do anything for our family.

*  Craig and I have great jobs that have allowed us to provide for our children as well as do a lot of extra fun trips to spend time away with them and each other.

*  I have the best partner and friend I could ever ask for who is by my side every day of my life helping me navigate this roller coaster of life and parenting :)

This Thanksgiving we had just arrived home from Hawaii the Sunday prior, so we just had a couple of short days of work and school before being able to spend another 4 days together!  

We started the long weekend off with a Thanksgiving Feast at Brady & Hadley's daycare...Chase was off school on Wednesday as well, so we went together!




Thanksgiving morning we went for a family bike ride to the grocery store for a treat (our tradition) and then we got ready and headed over to Craig's parents house.  We had a great afternoon/night of just hanging out together, laughing, eating, drinking, kids playing (aka - sliding down the basement stairs on floor mats & building forts) and a couple quick trips to different stores to pick up some Black Friday deals!


Getting ready to go


Posed....



Real Life...






That smile...lol!


Hadley LOVES pumpkin pie!





I got a cousin picture!



The Girls


I hope everyone had a beautiful Thanksgiving spent surrounded by those they love!

No comments: