Pumpkin carving, oh pumpkin carving....let's be honest.
I do not enjoy pumpkin carving very much with 3 small children BUT it is one of those things that you have to do so that they have the memory of carving pumpkins as a family :) This is an activity that I think will be MUCH more fun when the kids are older...when they can use a knife without me having a panic attack that we will end up in an emergency room and when they have an attention span longer than cutting out just one of the poor jack-o-lanterns eyes.
But...we sucked it up and went to work! Chase was definitely into it the most and I was actually surprised that he stayed into it and focused the whole time. Brady wouldn't touch the seeds, he thought it was disgusting so Craig and I cleaned 2 pumpkins out (I hate that part too!)
Chase cleaned out about 2 handfuls of seeds and then turned it over to us :)
Brady wanted nothing to do with carving the pumpkins so I grabbed one of our baby pumpkins and some paint and markers and put him to work! He loved painting it so it was a fun way for him to be involved :)
For Chase's pumpkin, he drew the whole face with a marker and then Craig did the cutting, I ended up somehow doing the second big pumpkin on my own but Chase assisted and told me it looked good so he was a great cheering section, lol!
Chase's pumpkin all lit up and on display on our front porch
Hadley didn't participate much in the carving but the next night it was freezing cold out so we brought our pumpkins in overnight so they wouldn't freeze. She had so much fun playing with them and it was fun to see her curiosity with what the heck they were!
And a close up of her hair...they play with her hair at daycare most days and it makes me laugh to see the cute little things they do with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment