2 months... (as of September 10th)
I know it becomes a broken record but how in the heck has it been 2 months already!
We
have been blessed with the sweetest, easiest dreamboat of a baby girl.
She is such a doll and I honestly don't remember what life was like
without her. If all babies were THIS easy we would have a few more :)
2 months stats:
We had a 2 month dr appt and she weighed 9 lbs 7 oz. She is 21 1/2 inches long and her head is 14 cm. You are a little peanut and only in the 5th percentile for weight and 10th percentile for height but the dr says you are super healthy and right on track!
SLEEPING:
Hadley has finally gotten into a routine where she only gets up one time a night. We usually put her to sleep around 9:30-10pm and then she wakes up at either 1:30am or not until 3:30am other times! She eats and goes right back to sleep (so much better than when she used to be up for like an hour and a half in the middle of the night). Then she wakes up again around 6am for the day. At 6 weeks old she had 2 nights in a row where she slept through the night ( 10 hours one night, 11 hours the next) but I think that was her 6 week growth spurt because that didn't last :)
She still likes being swaddled at night so she still sleeps in a sleep sack with another blanket around her legs. She is still in her bassinet right by my side and I honestly can't even think about moving her to her room yet! Mama is not ready! During the day she has gotten on a better schedule of sleeping about every 2 or 3 hours. She will play and be active and then want to eat and then she will fall asleep. I am still very guilty of holding her while she sleeps during the day. I could have done a better job of putting her down but I am just savoring every second I have at home with my last baby and I love snuggling with her while she sleeps. It is crazy how fast it goes and as they get older all you want is the time back when you could hold them all day - so I'm doing it :) She does take good naps in her swing sometimes so I can get some stuff done while she swings away!
EATING:
Hads wants to nurse about every 2-3 hours (except at night). She still eats super fast and only nurses for like 10 minutes, at the most, but she is efficient and is satisfied and done after that length of time. We have tried bottles of breastmilk a lot more and she finally has the hang of it! She eats about 2 1/2 - 3 oz when she eats out of a bottle. We have still not used any formula (yay!) and I am continuing to work on my storage of frozen breastmilk! I forgot how much of a full time job breastfeeding is!
PLAYTIME AND TEMPERAMENT:
Hads loves to smile - she started around 6 weeks old! She smiles when you smile at her and she even lets out a few giggles. It is seriously the best thing in the world and after weeks of catering to their every need, those smiles make it all worth it! She follows the toys hanging from her playmat and swings at them with her hand when they are in front of her. She does great during tummy time and keeps getting stronger and stronger. She loves sucking on her hands and kicks her legs like crazy when she is on her mat. Hadley took her first airplane ride before she was 2 months old (blog post to come about our trip to CA!) Hadley still loves bathtime and gets so excited to be in that warm water. She splashes around more now and gets a little mad when she has to get out and she gets hit with the cold air!
Hadley's temperament is seriously incredible...Craig and I are amazed everyday at what an easy and happy baby she is! She seriously cries maybe like 5-10 minutes A DAY and she just goes with the flow and is so sweet. I guess God knows how much you can handle and he knew we had our hands pretty full with her older brothers :)
Happy 2 Months Hadley Girl - you complete our world!
The above pictures were taken the day after her 2 month birthday because she felt horrible the day earlier. She had a little cold plus she had to get 4 shots at her dr appt so she was miserable :( Poor baby!


1 comment:
Oh man, I am DYING over how tiny she is... so freaking cute! 5th and 10th percentiles make me laugh out loud, literally. I hope she always remains sweet and dainty -- so girly, I love it!!
Post a Comment