Poor Chase got completely beat up by himself a couple Sundays ago. It was just one of those days where he kept getting hurt. In the morning I was changing Brady's diaper in his room and Chase was playing in there with us. Chase was jumping over a plastic piece of the exersaucer and misjudged it and landed on it with his foot. He fell down and was crying but I just thought he landed on the plastic edge in the middle of his foot - which definitely hurts and will bruise you. I looked at it and didn't see anything and he stopped crying. Well, about 10 minutes later Chase was sitting on the floor looking at his foot and said "What's this?" I looked and he was playing with a flap of skin and a bloody little foot :( I looked and when he landed on the plastic he sliced his foot right where his big toe meets his foot. I didn't notice it the first time because I was looking in a totally different spot - poor guy! We did band-aids and all kinds of first aid to make Chase feel better but of course he had a bit of a limp the rest of the day - ha ha. Somehow the limp disappeared when it was time to go to a birthday party that afternoon :)
That night it was bathtime so we were giving Brady a bath first in our tub while Chase waited and played around. When we were about done we told Chase to take his clothes off because it was his turn. So Chase went to pull his pants down and swung his head down and nailed it on the corner of our bathtub. He started screaming so I jumped out and once again thought he hit is forehead but didn't really see a mark. Then as I looked closer I saw his eyelid was cut. Poor little guy totally cut his eye and it looked painful! (I definitely would have been crying too!) The next morning I went to get him up for school and his whole eyelid was purple! Last week it kept getting a little worse and was definitely a black eye - he looked like he had dark purple eyesahdow on all week :) It is finally going away and is more of a yellow tint. Here's the picture I got the morning after he did it - hard to tell in a photo but it was a pretty nice shiner!


Hopefully we will stay injury free for a few weeks but I have a feeling with 2 boys I should get used to bumps and bruises :)
1 comment:
It never ends!!! Yesterday I picked up Ben and he had 2 scratched on his face from someone from school and a huge black bruise on his chin. They don't know how he got that one. Too funny.
Post a Comment