Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Brady Day!

When Brady was born Craig received 3 paid days off of paternity leave from his company but he only used 2 of them so he could save one for a rainy day. Well, since my maternity leave is ending and I have to go back to work Thursday, we decided to have a Mommy/Daddy/Brady day to spend some quality time with just the 3 of us.

I love Brady to death but often feel guilty because he doesn't get our undivided attention like Chase did as a baby. I now completely understand why most parents have a great baby book for their first child and maybe a couple pictures thrown in a book for number 2, 3, etc... (Thank goodness I have the blog) It is such a different experience this time around because we want to enjoy and marvel in every second of Brady's life yet we have an almost 3 year old who constantly demands to be played with, cleaned up after, fed, bathed, and chased all day in general :) Brady is the mellowist baby ever so he goes with the flow but I always feel like he is getting the short end of the stick as we tend to Chase's daily agenda. I know this is just an adjustment of becoming a family, and the guilt is probably normal trying to balance everything, but Craig and I wanted to have a chance to just spend some quality time with out newest little man.

Thus the need for our Mommy/Daddy/Brady day! Craig dropped Chase off at daycare in the morning and got some Starbuck's for us on the way home - yay such a treat! We spent the morning getting stuff done around the house while being able to play with Brady on the floor and get lots of smiles out of him. We made our way downtown for lunch and took full advantage of the goegeous weather and sat on the patio of Rock Bottom Brewery on 16th street mall. It was a perfect 2 hours of talking to my hubby, taking turns holding and loving on Brady, people watching and a good lunch for once (most days I get a pb & j, popcorn or something else quick and random that I can grab out of the fridge!)

We loved spending a day with just Brady and have decided we will have to do that every once and awhile with both kids...Daddy day with Chase, Mommy day with Chase, Daddy day with Brady, Mommy day with Brady...

Here are a couple pics of us with Brady in downtown Denver!




We love being a family and are starting to get this balance thing figured out :)

No comments: