Having kids is amazing, exhausting, rewarding, challenging and will make you laugh AND cry within the span of 2 minutes...
I always knew I wanted a big family but I will say that having 3 little kids is no joke! It is not the same as having 1 kid, it is not the same as having 2 kids (and I am sure people with 4 kids think I have it pretty easy) but having 3 is a very different ballgame!
I read this article a few months ago and it made me laugh so hard...so so true, so much of it! One of the items I agree with the most is the more kids you have, the less help you have! With 1 or 2 kids finding a babysitter is not a huge deal, but 3?! I can barely watch all 3 by myself let alone trust someone else to do it. The only ones we would trust to do it and not go crazy is our own family and my in-laws already watch Hadley during the day for us so the last thing we want to do is ask for more babysitting on the weekends! So, basically either Craig OR I go to an event with friends. It has to be a very big deal and a LOT of planning has to go into both of us leaving. Hence it only happening once since Hadley has been born and it was for a wedding :) I know it will get easier as they get older but for now, hopefully we aren't losing any friends by turning down almost every invite we get lately. If it isn't family friendly, we probably aren't in...
One day it will be easier to hang out again with adults, but for now, we have brought the party to ourselves! Kegerator is in the garage and block parties are the new hot place to be :)
One day it will be easier to hang out again with adults, but for now, we have brought the party to ourselves! Kegerator is in the garage and block parties are the new hot place to be :)
So, You Would Like to Have Three Children…
No comments:
Post a Comment