Friday, March 14, 2014

8 Months

8 Months on March 10!
 





 
 She thinks standing is hilarious and is starting to pull herself up - uh oh!!



Weight: 15lbs 2oz
(Had a dr apt for a recurring nasty cold so we got an extra weight check!)

Hadley is getting bigger and bigger and I think I even spot some tiny rolls on those legs of hers :)  She is still the sweetest little girl and becoming more independent as each day passes.  She is a crawling machine and goes from one side of the house to the next in a split second.  She is still army crawling but I have a feeling that may stick...I think she will start walking next.  Chase never crawled so it isn't that odd for us.  Brady was a true knee crawler so it will be interesting to see if she ever transitions to her knees or just starts walking.  Her mobility is causing us to be very aware of the items that are not truly "baby proofed" anymore.  We have always had locks on our cabinets and outlet covers but when she is on the move we are constantly panicked to see if the boys left the basement door open and I would never leave her alone if she got within 10 feet of the stairs!!  She hasn't tried them yet but she is starting to pull herself up so it wouldn't surprise me to find her halfway up the stairway - eeks!

EATING:
I am sad to say that Hads is now 100% on formula...sad day.  I tried so hard to keep pumping and nursing but my body just does not produce enough milk.  I held on and was refusing to give up but it got so ridiculous with how little I was getting everyday that I finally stopped.  We use Kirkland brand formula and for any Mom's reading this...it is Similac in Costco packaging!  Save yourself a lot of money :)
 
She eats 5 4oz bottles during the day (sometimes her last bottle before bed is 6oz) and she still wakes up twice at night to eat.  Sometimes the second time is 5am so I guess I should consider that morning since we get up 45 minutes later - lol!
 
We have made a ton of progress this month on the eating front!  Hads is finally doing better with different veggies!  We still have a small menu but slowly but surely we are keeping at it.  I have made all homemade baby food and I freeze them in baby cubes that I bought when Chase was a baby.  Making baby food is seriously sooo easy, I would recommend it to anyone!  So far we have stuck to sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and pears but I am going to try peas next and see how that goes :)  She likes Gerber puffs and baby yogurt melts.  She really just likes to play with them and half of them end up in her highchair but at least it is teaching her to feed herself!
 
Our new highchair I bought from our neighbor...it is perfect and Hads LOVES sitting in it - such a lifesaver so we can cook dinner and actually eat ourselves!
 
 
 
SLEEPING:
We made a pretty major stride in the sleeping department this month as well.  We took her out of the swaddle and she has been doing amazing!  She loves to sleep all curled up on her belly - butt in the air - so she is happy to be out of the swaddle!  We have even gotten to the point of being able to put her down wide awake and, if she fusses, it is only for like a minute or 2.  She does wake up to eat still but we don't mind it.  We give her a bottle and she goes right back to sleep.  We use our wubanub pacifier at night and it is easier for her to find it herself in the middle of the night.  We rarely go in to give her a paci anymore.
 
One major item that has set in this month is separation anxiety - big time!!  If I leave the room or Craig or anyone else holds her she freaks out.  She gives the lip and starts crying, it kills me so I hold her of course :)  She isn't like this all of the time and Craig is able to still hold her but she is definitely attached to Mama! 
 
She started true daycare last week.  My in-laws still watch her 2 days a week but she now goes to the same daycare as Brady 3 days a week.  We had a rough start and she got a really bad cold and she is struggling taking naps with all the other babies making noise but she is getting better.  She slept more yesterday than she has and everyday she is getting more adjusted.  We have never had any of our kids in the infant room at daycare so this is a new experience for us.  Honestly, I cannot imagine having her there when she was only like 12 weeks old!  Thank God we have always had family to help us so we could give our babies more one on one attention the first year of their lives!!
 
Hadley, some of your favorite things at 8 months are:
* Your brothers (especially when they play ball)
* Walks
* Spoons
* Playing peekaboo, especially with a blanket
* Crawling everywhere
* Water bottles
* Chewing on everything
* Baths

Happy 8 Months Haddy-Cakes!

1 comment:

Kate said...

We use the Sams Club brand of Similac. It's the exact same thing -- gotta save a buck anywhere we can ;)

Also, I see she's still waking up in the middle of the night. Did you ever try to overfill any of your babies during that last feeding of the night? We give Trace 8 oz before bed and he sleeps through the night... The 1st night we did that he slept through the night. He was so incredibly full, haha!!

Also, the army crawl. Oh my. Trace does the same thing and it's just the cutest!

Your little Hadley is so stinkin' cute! I love how much her and Chase look like you. They're seriously your spitting image, whereas their brother Brady looks so much like your husbands side of the family. So cool!