Monday, March 11, 2013

Ski Bums

Last Monday, Craig and I took a day off of work and took Chase skiing!  Craig gets free passes from work to a mountain not too far from us so it is the perfect opportunity to take Chase.  We did this last year when he was 3 and I snowboarded next to them as Craig taught Chase for the first time.  He did great last year with the harness and we were looking forward to how he would do this year.  He was a little scared the first few runs last year but this year he had been talking about it for weeks and was so excited to go!

I couldn't participate this year so I took pictures and watched from the bottom of the hill while they did the bunny hill.  When they headed to the bigger runs, I waited in the lodge and watched as they would come down :)  Chase did awesome this year and had a great time!  It ended up getting really windy, snowy and cold so he was a trooper through the bad weather!

Hopefully next year we can get him to go without the harness - we'll see!  It would help if we could go more than once a year but just tough with young kids - lol!

Getting ready to hit the slopes (playing with Daddy's poles)

Ready to ski with Daddy




Making their way to the magic carpet for their first bunny hill run


Here they come!  Last year Chase was right in between Craigs legs so this was definitely an improvement!




After about 6-7 runs on the bunny hill, they were ready to make their way to the ski lift and hit some bigger hills.  Craig took Chase down 4 blue runs!



Making their way down to meet for lunch after doing 2 blue runs.  The weather was beautiful when we first got there but then the snow was starting to get bad!  Great for good skiers and snowboarders - they were loving the fresh powder.  Not so good for a 4 year trying to learn how to ski :)



At least I got to hang out during lunch :)

Ready to head out again after lunch

Walking back to the chair lift for a few more blue runs


I wanted to get in a few pictures so we took a couple family photos after they were done skiing!  We were on our way into the lodge for some apres skiing..hot chocolate for Chase & I and a beer for Daddy :)

Such a fun Chase/Mommy & Daddy date day.  So important to have the one on one time with each kid, we need to try and do this more often with each of them!  I think it means more to Chase right now since he understands more than Brady would :)

We brought some cookies from home as part of our end of the day treat

Self- portrait :)  Love my monkey man!


I'm already looking forward to next year, although it will be a wild adventure since we will try to include Brady in on the action next time!

1 comment:

The Frisbees said...

Wow, looks like he did awesome and not the best conditions! Very cool.