We had our 20 week ultrasound and appointment last week and I am not going to lie, I was NERVOUS!!! I was so excited to find out the gender but I had a stomach ache all morning worrying that something would be wrong. The 20 week appointment is so crucial in making sure that your little nugget is perfectly healthy. We had already done the Harmony test so most issues would have already been caught by now, but it still doesn't relieve the anxiety. My other reason for the anxiety is I really hadn't felt the baby move very much at this point. I kept looking online to see when you should be feeling kicks and movement and I couldn't really remember when I felt it with Chase & Brady. I felt a few little tingles here and there but nothing to write home about.
We went into the ultrasound room and I literally don't think I was breathing. As soon as the Dr started I was scanning like crazy for a heartbeat...I saw it and breathed a huge sigh of relief and felt like 20 lbs lifted from my shoulders! At that point I relaxed and enjoyed the next 20 minutes of seeing our little one squirm around :)
Our sweet baby girl looked perfect and the ultrasound tech was so great about pointing out every body part and every part of the ultrasound to us! She had us look away while she checked the gender but otherwise we relished in seeing our baby girl's feet, legs, head, spine, etc...sooo cool!!!!
Here are her cute little feet!
Sort of a side view, she wouldn't cooperate and give us a really good profile view. I love seeing her little spine though - it just looks so cool on an ultrasound!
Her face is on the left side of the picture with her body to the right and arms and legs smooshed around her
The other thing we discovered during the ultrasound is that my placenta has attached to my uterus in the very front of my belly, so like right below the skin under my belly button. So what does that mean? Basically it is creating padding so it will take longer for me to feel her kick and move. Totally makes sense! The Dr said I will obviously feel her move like crazy very soon but it just takes longer because of where my placenta is attached. Good to know!
Now onto stats/updates for Mama:
- I have been feeling good lately! Not sick during the day or nauseous or too tired (or any more tired than I already was with 2 kids!)
- I don't have any weird food cravings or aversions. Although I do love cereal lately..not sure it is quite to the level of a craving though :)
- I am thirsty ALL the time and probably drink twice my body weight in water everyday:)
- The hardest thing has been sleeping. I don't sleep well already and I'm only halfway there! I sleep on my side with a pillow in between my legs but I flip flop sides all night, wake up to pee like 3 times, and no matter what I wake up in the morning nauseous and my entire body is sore. It is weird, I feel like I was hit by a truck for about 20 minutes and then I get up and wait a bit and I am fine soon after.
- I have gained 5 lbs so far and haven't had to bust out too many maternity clothes. I have been wearing maternity tops and tanks the last few weeks but am still in my normal jeans. Jeans are so stretchy these days that I think I will be able to wear them a little while longer.
- My chest has gotten way bigger this pregnancy than any other (sorry if that is TMI for anyone but this is for me to look back and remember - lol). Not sure if that is due to a girl or what the deal is?
- Started feeling a few more tiny movements this week but still no kicks
20 Week Bump!
19 weeks to go!!!
(C-section will be a week early)



No comments:
Post a Comment