Wednesday, March 6, 2013

IT'S A...

GIRL!!!!

I think I am still a little in shock that we are actually going to have a little girl in our family! 

Without a doubt when someone asks you what you hope you are having, you're answer truly is "a healthy baby!"  Especially with this 3rd pregnancy I have been so worried and anxious every single day that this baby would continue to grow and stay healthy, so that really was my true answer!  I will say though, Craig and I have both always thought it would be so amazing to have a girl as our 3rd child, just to see the difference in raising a little girl.  Also, I feel like we will get to experience so many new things with a little girl that we won't have the opportunity to with a boy (although I'm sure during the teenage hormone years I will feel like I could live without it - lol!)

I love my little guys more than anything in the world and there is something so amazing, heartwarming and unbelieveable about being a little boys Mama - I can't imagine my life without it!  I am so happy my 2 little men started our family and we will now have this sweet little girl to complete it :)

For months Chase has been saying he wanted a sister and I've actually been trying to mentally prepare him for a brother just in case :) 

So...our 20 week ultrasound date was approaching and I was trying to decide how we wanted to find out the sex.  With Chase we had our 20 week appt just a few days before Christmas so we had the Dr write it in a Christmas card and opened it on Christmas Eve night in CO with Craig's family.  With Brady we didn't find out the sex until he was delivered!  So what about this time?  Craig suggested, for a minute, that we didn't find out the sex again but that was nixed pretty quickly - lol.  Honestly I thought it was really fun to not know with Brady but I felt like it would help the kids prepare more to know this time.

So, this time I knew I wanted to do something to involve the boys, especially Chase since he is so excited and knows exactly what is going on.  I didn't want to bring him to the ultrasound (I'm telling you I have been majorly paranoid and was fearful of bad news, etc) so I wanted to do something afterwards that we could do as a family.  Enter Pinterest...how did I live without it?  I got the below idea from Pinterest and it was perfect in every way!

Our appt went perfect (I will do a separate 20 week post soon) and we asked the ultrasound tech to put the results of the gender in a sealed card.  My OBGYN and nurse were so mad that we didn't find out - lol - they peaked at my chart after I left :)  We left the appt and I went to the grocery store while Craig went to pick Chase up from daycare.  I took the card in and went into the florist area.  There was a girl working in there that was so helpful!  I told her that I wanted her to look in the envelope and then either put pink or blue balloons in the box I brought depending on the gender.  She was excited to help so I paid and then she sent me out to my car to wait for her call that she was done!  She called me like 3 minutes later saying she was done and I went in and picked it up!  I then took the sealed box and put it in my car and drove over to my in-laws house because they were watching poor sick Brady that day.  Brady had been throwing up all day and night so he was so sick and out of it the night we did this :(

Once Craig got there with Chase we opened the box all together!  It was such a thrilling and fun moment for our family and I am so glad we got to experience it together!

Here is a link to the video my mother in law captured!!


Chase so excited to get that box opened!

 A few family shots before we found out


 Here we go.....


 Pink!!!  It's a baby girl!!




 Excited for our family of 5!



 Once we got back home, Chase just wanted to color the box and add stickers to it to help decorate :)


 A few pics with the newly decorated box

 Chase was right!  Woo Hoo!

I'm really having a baby girl?!


At the end of the night Craig and I realized we didn't take any pictures of just us 2.  So here is Chase's attempt at using my phone...not bad for a 4 year old!

We can't wait to meet you baby girl!!!
(This is what the Dr put inside the sealed card)


2 comments:

The Frisbees said...

Yeah, good thing they circled it! Not sure I would find that! And love the pointer to the pic! LOL. It's funny, when Jim and I first talked about kids, we said the perfect mix would be 2 boys, then a girl. :)

Kate said...

This just made me so happy! I was grinning ear to ear. I couldn't be more thrilled for all of you, but especially you!! Dresses and bows and ruffle butts and pink... oh my!