Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Holy Weight Gain!

So when Chase was little, and I was on maternity leave, one of my favorite places to go to get out of the house was The Pump Station. This is a store located in Santa Monica that is a high end baby store specializing in all things breast feeding (get it - The Pump Station!) They had toys, clothes, diaper bags, etc as well but breast feeding was their focus and they also provided many classes to Mom's that needed help with breast feeding. I loved going there because it was fun to walk around the beach area, there was a great park nearby, I always found something to buy and my favorite thing was they had a baby scale! I loved putting Chase in the scale and guessing how much I thought he weighed. I know, exciting right?! Ha Ha! I thought it was :)

Now that we are in Colorado and Brady doesn't have another appointment until he is 2 months old, I have been dying to see how much he weighs now. Melissa came to my rescue when we were at their house Sat night and has a kitchen scale that she used to weigh her boys in when they were babies. She put a glass bowl with a towel in it on the scale and zeroed it out. We were ready for Brady...



His clothes are on but that doesn't weigh too much. We put him in and I about fell over when I saw the numbers......

OVER 11 LBS!!!

I don't really know if that is a lot but for some reason I had in my head like 9 lbs maybe.... so 11 lbs put me in shock for a second!!! Ha Ha - I knew he liked to eat this kid :) Can't wait till his 2 month appointment to see how big he is.

1 comment:

The Frisbees said...

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that!!! Just looked back at my records and Ben weighed 11 pounds 6 ounces at his 2 month appointment! Brady is going to weigh more than Ben soon! I think Craig was right, he might be a chunk! Love it.