Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Change of Heart

Ok so I said yesterday that I am not a fan of Valentine's.... well I have decided to eat my own words because I just LOVED yesterday :) Valentine's is definitely a holiday that has been re-introduced to me as a Mom and I love it!

It was so much fun telling Chase the night before that the next day was Valentines and he was so excited! We started the day off getting Chase dressed in his new red Valentine's shirt and off to school he went. I got Brady ready in his cute Valentines outfit that was given to me as a gift and we headed to Chase's school for his party at 11am. The class sang songs, had snacks & cupcakes and then handed out their Valentine's in every kids special envelope they made! Chase was sooo excited to see Brady and was telling everyone it was his baby brother :)


Snack time with the class and Miss. Amy


Brady is quite the party animal :)

Chase handing out his Valentine's

Brady's Valentine Attire


That night Craig & Chase got home and the true fun began! Chase & Brady each had a present from Grandma & Papa H, Chase had a gift from us, I got Craig a heart shaped box of snickers and he brought me home some flowers and wine! We decided no big gifts and this was absolutely perfect. Chase was sooo excited to open everything and then we went through his envelope from school and looked at all the Valentine's he got from his friends. Of course he ate about his body weight in candy during this process - but hey it's Valentine's:)





Showing me the candy heart he is eating :)



My favorite part was Chase kept saying "Happy Valentine's Mommy!" It was so cute and he would give me a hug after. I would say "Happy Valentine's to you Chase" and he said "Thank You Mommy." ADORABLE!


Me with my little Valentine's

Vino? Yes Please!


Chase insisted on taking a picture of Craig, Brady & I. He actually got us in it! (The first 5 attempts we were headless so we were laughing at this point)



After a delicious pasta dinner we made chocolate fondue for dessert! We had never done this with Chase so I was excited to see what he thought. Craig and I wanted to wait until later to eat ours so we made Chase his own little pot of chocolate to dip strawberries in. He loved it :)




Later that night Craig and I made a yummy chocolate fondue with almonds bits in it and dipped strawberries, pineapple and pretzels - yummy! Perfect ending to a perfect Valentine's!

OK Valentine's.. you win :)

No comments: