Sunday, February 20, 2011

In Yogurt Heaven!

We had a very exciting discovery Saturday night! Here's the story...

Craig, his parents, Chase, Brady & I headed to Fort Collins for a basketball game Saturday night. After the game we went to a burger place to get some dinner and while we were there Chase went "poop on the potty" and he wanted a treat. We always give him dum dum's at home but I didn't have any sort of treat or candy on me. Craig went outside the burger place and walked along the strip mall to see if he could find somewhere to buy a piece of candy or a cookie or something. He walked back in a couple minutes later and said the most beautiful thing my ears have heard in awhile... "There a Golden Spoon a few doors down."

Hold on........WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought he was joking and felt like I was in a state of shock. To truly understand this feeling you have to be from Orange County or San Diego and have grown up going to Golden Spoon - the absolute BEST frozen yogurt in the world! I love frozen yogurt regardless but nothing is better than Golden Spoon. We were always so lucky because there is one jut a few minutes from my parents house in CA. We found one in San Diego but it was in Del Mar and quite a drive. Ever since we have moved to CO I have always told Craig I want to start one out here(joking but sort of serious - ha ha) because I knew people would love it. There are yogurt places popping up all over the place but they are all the pinkberry style tart yogurts (which I am not a big fan of) and they are the self serve kind where it is (in my opinion) crazy expensive and not always very good.

Just last week Craig & I had been in Fort Collins for another basketball game and we literally went to one of the self serve yogurt places after the game and were totally disappointed. Little did we know that this beauty was about 100 yards away....



Once Craig made the discovery we all headed down to have some dessert and I felt like it was Christmas morning - so excited! The best part was we asked them if they were the first one in CO and they said another one had just opened about 15 minutes from our house - woo hoo!!!

This could be dangerous :) Hey it's non-fat right?!

PS - Looking back Craig says he wishes he would have bought one and just walked into the burger place eating it - ha ha - I would have been so confused and bewildered!

No comments: