I had to share a story of our 1st attempt at moving Chase to his room to sleep in his own crib:
So Chase has still been sleeping in our room in his bassinet next to our bed. Although we laugh because he barely fits in it anymore Craig has been very patient with me as it has been tough for me to move him to his own room. There is something about being able to look over and see your baby breathing at all times that is very comforting:) Well we finally decided to try the crib last night - the plan did not go off as we had hoped!
Chase had a tough time going to sleep last night and after several failed attempts to lay him down, rocking, feeding,, etc we finally got him to sleep about 10:45. We went to bed ourselves about 11. Around 12:30 I could hear Chase crying through the monitor so I went in expecting to just give him his pacifier back. I walked in and he was wide awake and started screaming. I was shocked because this is a baby that has been sleeping through the night for about a month and if he ever does wake up he never cries - I didn't know what was going on! So I fed him again and got him back down. An hour later he was crying again so I went in and talked to him and got him to calm down. About 4am again we heard him again - Craig told me to just bring him in but I was determined so I fed him 1 more time and he went back to sleep. 5am AGAIN crying so I went in and FINALLY CAVED IN out of pure exhaustion and brought him to our room and put him in the bassinet. Of course he slept great till about 7:30!
Not sure what happened because he usually a) sleeps through the night, b) sleeps in his crib for naps, and c) sleeps in a crib all the time at my parents when we visit?! So - we will try again tonight but Round 1 goes to Chase!
Wish us luck - I go back to work tomorrow so I need some sleep:)
No comments:
Post a Comment