Thursday, September 4, 2014

1st Birthday Bash!

Every year for birthdays I say "I am just going to do something small for their party" and every time Craig laughs at me because he knows there is no way that is true!  I try, I swear, BUT we have way too many people in our kids lives, and in our lives, that are a part of our "village" and I always want to include them.

I did keep Hadley's birthday theme and decorations simple with a Sweet Hadley Girl theme.  Our original plan was to host most of the party outside with pop up tents, tables set up for food, the jump castle going and outdoor games for the kids but mother nature had a different plan.  It started pouring about 30 minutes into the party so we had to go with the flow and we set up a make shift eating area/hang out area in our garage and tried to keep the kids playing in the basement as much as possible!  The weather turned around towards the end of the party and we ended the day with all the kids playing out front, riding bikes, playing catch, getting soaked playing in puddles...just being kids :)





Her monthly teddy bear photos on display!


Chase randomly made this sign and went and hung it on the fireplace.  He said he wanted the family room to be a "safe place" for the babies to play, so no big kids were allowed.  Lol, this kid is too much, love his heart!


Her cake!!
  My neighbor, Michelle, did such a great job and she made an adorable pink, grey and white cake with the chevron pattern, polka dots, flowers and little H's and 1's on it!  She also made Hadley her own little smash cake on the left hand side.  Lastly, she made cupcakes that each had either a flower, an H, a 1 or chevron stripes on them!  They turned out perfect and were also delicious!





The birthday girl!!!







Austen wins the youngest party guest award :)


Using the pop ups to shield from the rain versus the sun!



Doing some birthday yard work with Grandma H


Cake Time!
Poor Craig was soaked from grilling food outside for everyone











And she is DONE!






I wish we had gotten a picture with everyone, but here is some of our college crew...



Her outfit was killing me - I just adore my girl!


Ending the party relaxing out front watching the bigger kids play!


One last picture with the birthday girl before she headed to bed!  Such a great day celebrating our sweet 1 year old!


The night ended with 3 of my good neighbor girlfriends walking in my kitchen and saying, "the guys have the kids under control out front, let's get this place cleaned up!" (10 kids between the 4 of us!)  I was so shocked by their offer and told them it wasn't bad...they told me to look around, laughed and went to work.  In 30 minutes, with wine in hand, my girlfriends plus my Mom and I had every dish cleaned, floors were swept, decorations taken down, tables and counters completely wiped down and cleaned, food put away and my house was spic and span!  I truly couldn't have asked for a better ending than to see the kind and selfless hearts of my friends in action!

Happy 1st Birthday sweet Hads - you are adored and loved by so many!

No comments: