Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

I had an absolutely amazing Mother's Day due to my boys taking such great care of me!  Our whole weekend was full of fun and it started out Friday morning when I got a chance to go to the boys daycare for a Mother's day tea!  I split my time between both classes and we had muffins, orange juice, painted magnets and I got special presents from the boys!

My tender soul

Brady's card...so random, the kid doesn't even like cupcakes - lol!  I still love it of course :)

Friday afternoon Chase brought me home a "real flower" (his words) from daycare

Saturday afternoon/night we had a wonderful neighborhood BBQ at the park by our house.  We have some of the greatest friends as neighbors and we always have so much fun when we get together!  We brought our jump castle and the kids had a ball between that, the park and just playing soccer, dodgeball and baseball in the grass!  We enjoyed our adult time catching up with everyone :)



Sunday morning Craig made me sleep in so I stayed in bed till 7:30 with Chase while he hung out and ran errands with Brady.  Once I got up I found beautiful flowers, a sweet picture with my boys and a decaf starbucks waiting!  Craig also made me open a present right away..it was a brand new hair dryer!  Mine has been broken for awhile and makes a horrible sound when I use it.  I love that Craig think of things like that - he always notices and gets thoughful gifts for me :)


We headed over to Grandma & Papa's for a big brunch and an 18 man backyard baseball game!  I only got one picture, oops, but we had so much fun playing baseball out back and just enjoying the amazing weather we got that day!


We headed back home in the early afternoon and got Brady down for a nap and then I got to see the other part of my present!  Craig and Chase had gone out and bought a beautiful flower to plant in the back of our garden to finally finish the space.  Craig nailed a trellis up and planted the flowering vine and put some rock down.  Hopefully it will grow over all over that back fence, how gorgeous will that be!?!



After the hard work we set up our own backyard water park and enjoyed the HOT weather we had for the rest of the day!




I could never have imagined how AMAZING being a mother is and I am grateful everyday that God made me the Mama of these 2 boys and my soon to be little girl.  It is not an easy job and it is tiring, emotional and selfless but when one of my little guys says "I Love You Mommy" or snuggles with me or I watch them accomplish something new, my heart could not love anymore.  What an amazing day celebrating our family and how much love we all share for eachother.


Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing Mom's in my life.  I am blessed to have the most amazing, caring, selfless Mom in the whole world and I know she still worries about us everyday as if we were still toddlers (I don't think that ever goes away!)  Thank you Mom for always being there and for all of your love and support over the years.  I was a tough cookie to raise so you get a gold star for sure!

I have also been blessed to be surrounded by an incredible mother in law, been able to watch my sister become an amazing Mom and so many other friends and family members embrace their role so well.  I hope everyone felt as loved as I did today and was celebrated for the fabulous women you are!!

No comments: