Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4 Year Old Update

Chase had his 4 year old checkup yesterday and I am happy to report he is a happy and healthy little man :)

The whole drive there he kept telling me he didn't want shots and kept saying, "Tell the Dr I don't want shots!" I felt so bad but didn't want to promise him because I wasn't sure if he needed them or not so I just kept telling him that we would see.

He calmed down and when the Dr came in he did awesome and was amazed more than anything as they took his temperature, blood pressure and checked his eyes, nose and mouth.

Here are his height and weight stats:
Height - 43 inches (90th percentile)
Weight - 40 lbs (50th percentile)

Then his Dr asked him to point out certain colors and then asked him lots of questions like:

1) What do you like to do outside?
2) What kind of activities do you like to do inside?
3) What kinds of foods do you eat?
4) Do you brush your teeth?
5) Can you get dressed all by yourself?
6) Who are your friends at school?
Etc, etc...

He did wonderful and answered all her questions and had a great conversation with her. We talked about his daily routines and she asked if we had any concerns. The only thing I brought up is the fact that Chase still wears pull-ups to bed. We have tried really hard a few times to ditch them but Chase is the HEAVIEST sleeper and cannot wake up at night so we gave up after a week. We still have Lego's as incentives for dry pullups but haven't been pushing it too hard. She said it is absolutely nothing to worry about and super common and we have plenty of time - whew! :)

Next they took Chase on his own for a vision and hearing test and he came back 5 minutes later full of smiles and they said he did great!

Lastly we found out he did need a shot he was behind on plus the Dr told me there are 4 required shots before kindergarten and if we wanted to get a few out of the way we could, or we could wait. Here is my theory....this is not going to get easier as Chase gets older so I wanted to get a few out of the way if I could. After 5 minutes of talking to him and promising it would pinch for a second, he would cry and it would be over he agreed! In fact - he actually said, "I want shots." LOL

The game changed a bit when the nurse actually walked in with the shots and we had a little freak out but it was over quickly and he was smiling again a few minutes later. Now only 2 shots to go next year before kindergarten :)

So proud of my tough guy!! Of course, bribing with Golden Spoon yogurt afterwards never hurts :)

1 comment:

The Frisbees said...

So cute! He's one tall kid!