Monday, December 5, 2011

Turkey Day 2011

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend full of family, food, decorating and relaxing (as much as you can relax with 2 little kids - lol)



Thursday morning we took a nice long family walk to the shopping center near us to enjoy the outdoors and to pick up a newspaper to see if there were any worthwhile black Friday deals! Once we got back home we made a pumpkin pie and got ready to head over to Rita's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Rita outdid herself hosting a beuatiful and delicious Thanksgiving meal! The kids loved playing outside as much as they could and Brady was definitely showing off his walking skills to everyone :)









Mmm - chocolate chip cheesecake to finish off the meal - Chase definitely has a sweet tooth :)


Let's not forget the real reason for today. I truly feel so thankful for so many things in my life right now. I never try to forget how lucky I am to have amazing family, friends and a very blessed lifestyle. Today let me just say I feel incredibly thankful for:

* An amazing and unconditionally supportive and loving husband
* 2 healthy and beautiful boys who have taught me more in this life already than I
ever thought possible
* Having such amazing families on both Craig and my side...to have the
relationship we have with both our parents and all our siblings and in-laws I feel
is a very rare thing and I don't ever forget that
* Our unbelievable friends...relationships which continues to get stronger and
stronger throughout the years
* Our beautiful home that we worked so hard to call our own and have enjoyed
entertaining in and creating fun and loving memories so far
* Great jobs in not the best of financial times for our country
* Health - for us and all our loved ones. I know this is easy to take for
granted and this year really made that hit home for us

We had a lot of fun this month going around the dinner table every night (when I was in town) and saying what we were all thankful for. Chase pretty much said the same thing every night but it was pretty darn cute :)

Hope everyone had a very thankful turkey day!

No comments: