Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

I am way late on my Mother's Day post but it was such a perfect day that I need to make sure I record it :)

We have been so "on the go" lately that I really just wanted to relax and spend time with my boys. Craig let me sleep in till about 8am and then I woke up to Chase standing next to my bed saying "Happy Birthday Mama!" Ha Ha - he knew it was a special day but was a little confused :) He got it down later that day and kept saying "Happy Mother's Day" all day - loved it!

Craig started off the morning by running and getting Starbuck's for both of us...nothing says "Good Morning" like a decaf skinny vanilla latte - oh yea!

My boys spoiling me for the day...



What a great idea for a gift - flowers to plant for our garden!



Craig & Chase opening champagne for some mimosas!




French Toast, turkey sausage and mimosas - a Chef Craig specialty - yummy!



After breakfast we spent the whole morning playing outside because the weather was absolutely gorgeous!! It got up to about 86 degrees that day. We played out front with Chase playing baseball, basketball, riding his tractor, etc... Then we headed to the backyard and planted all the beautiful flowers the boys got me as a gift. I can't wait till they all start blooming!

After we put Chase down for a nap, Brady actually fell alseep as well so I took advantage and was able to lay out back in the sun for about 30 minutes - pure heaven :)

That night we headed to Craig's parents to celebrate Mother's Day with the rest of the family. We had a perfect evening spending the whole time in the backyard playing and BBQing for dinner.

Grandma opening some gifts...



Cousins having fun on the tire swing!



After dinner we ended the night with a trip to Dairy Queen. We were even able to sit outside and eat our ice cream - I am loving the summer weather and can't wait till it is here to stay!

Me & my loves grabbing a quick picture at the very end of the day - can't believe we almost forgot to get one!


There is nothing more amazing to me than being a Mom and I am so grateful to Craig, Chase & Brady for making me feel so special all day long!

No comments: