Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"The Best is Yet To Come"

This is my new motto that I found on a greeting card regarding turning 30 years old :) I like it and am adopting it as my own!

On May 3rd the love of my life hit the BIG 3-0!! I just can't believe that life is flying by so quickly and we are 30!! I know, I know - 30 is still very young but you know what I mean..where did the 8 years since we graduated from college go?!

At the same time I look at how much Craig and I have done and accomplished in those short years and it is truly amazing. We have traveled, lived in San Diego (partied like rock stars), lived in LA (brought our beautiful boy Chase in the world), then moved to Colorado and bought a house (and brought out second angel baby boy Brady into the world!) What a change and a family of 4 already at 30 years old!

I truly do believe though that "The Best is Yet To Come" and we have sooo much to look forward to in our next 30 years!

On May 3rd we had a fun day celebrating Daddy! I made 30 hearts each with a saying of "I love you because..." and each one was in a seperate envelope along with a $1 scratcher. They were numbered 1 through 30 and were in the bathroom in the morning, in Craig's car and waiting for him when he came home! I decorated a little with some 30 decorations and we had a great night of drinks, yummy dinner, presents and apple pie a la mode for dessert. My Mom was in town and Craig's parents came over so we had a full house filled with love and good wishes for the birthday boy!

I didn't get a great shot of all the decorations but you can see some of the 30 decor hanging from the ceiling :)


Chase helping Daddy open presents


Trying to get a family picture. I'm cracking up at something, Chase is doing a sad face for some reason, and poor Brady is chewing the heck out of his bib..pretty typical- haha!


Singing to Craig...



Chase isn't wasting anytime getting in and licking those candles!


Happy Birthday Craig! Next up... adult only fun in New Orleans with 14 of our friends to celebrate turning 30 in style - woot woot! I can't wait till Thursday!

1 comment:

The Frisbees said...

Wow you guys are getting OLD!!! Hahaha! Looks like he had a great birthday. So jealous of your trip this weekend - ENJOY!!!