After watching the Broncos become victorious over the Titans yesterday (although I needed the Titans to win for Fantasy - ha ha - I still was glad the Broncos won!) Craig and I decided a good cleaning of our garage was in order. Chase was sleeping so it gave us the perfect chance to take everything out of the garage, sweep and hose down the inside and re-organize everything.
As we were sweeping all of a sudden it hit me.... we moved into our house EXACTLY 1 YEAR AGO TODAY! Wow - we took a minute and just reminisced because part of us feels like we just unloaded the moving van yesterday while part of us feels like we have been in Colorado much longer.
As we continued to work I thought about everything we have accomplished in the past year and felt pretty proud of my hard-working hubby and I. We bought our first house, Craig found a new job that he really likes, Chase has become a little person and talks to us in conversations and has grown up so much, we have met new friends in our neighborhood and really put roots down in our Rocky Mountain home.
We still painfully miss my family back in CA everyday and wish we could have them here but we still know this was the best decision for our growing family.
While cleaning my mind wandered to our life in our little apartment in Los Angeles. We felt so confined when we were there and felt like we were busting at the seams but I always knew I would look back and have such good memories of our first home with Chase. And I do. I think of how cozy and intimate a little apartment can be and how Chase used to play golf and chase balls all within a 5 X 5 foot space and never thought any different. How Craig and I ate dinner everynight on the living room rug and our Sat/Sun favorite walks to our coffee & bagel shop right on the beach that we miss so much. (I would have given anything for that bagel and yummy latte this past Sunday morning!) We really did have a good time - just the 3 of us.
Now here we are in a beautiful home that we have been dreaming of for years and I catch myself looking around sometimes thinking "Wow - we are lucky!" Are we done with our house? No, of course not - I am always wishing we could just finish our house and buy the last couple pieces of furniture we need but I have to stop and remind myself of what's important. We had basically nothing 1 year ago and had to start from the ground up. We moved in with 2 couches, a kitchen table, our bedroom furniture and Chase's furniture. We are talking the basics here people - we had to buy a washer & dryer, blinds, window well covers and try to furnish the rest of the house! So although I still don't have curtains in the family room or some furniture to fill empty spaces - we have done A LOT and we are happy! That's what's important and I am so thankful everyday that I have an amazing husband and a darling son who have filled this home with love. I'll take giggles from the living room as Chase & Daddy have batting practice any day over having the curtains up :)
I can't wait to see what the years have in store for us in our home and our life here in CO as I know the journey has just begun!
PS - a funny side note.. as we were cleaning out the garage we had everything out on the lawn and 2 girls pulled up and wanted to know how much our Diaper Champ was - ha ha! They thought we were having a yard sale... come to think of it we should have sold the stinky thing - oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment