My mother-in-law gave me this book a few Christmas's ago and I have been meaning to try it on Craig (since he won't eat many veggies!) Now that I have a toddler following in his father's footsteps I decided to try a few recipes out of here to get some extra veggies in Chase! I made the veggie purees and tried 4 recipes..
1) "Pink Pancakes" - healthy pancakes with beet puree...
OUTCOME - FAILED
2) "Broccoli Chicken Nuggets" - chicken tenders cut into pieces and covered with a broccoli puree then dipped in a mixture of breadcrumbs and cooked...
OUTCOME - FAILED
3) "Spinach blueberry cobbler" - a cobbler with blueberry and spinach puree in the middle...
OUTCOME - SUCCESS!!!
4) "Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese" - homeade mac n cheese with butternut squach puree added along with the cheese to noodles....
OUTCOME - STILL UNDECIDED (I have a few more batches so we'll see if he ends up deciding to like it)
Well, it was A LOT of work but since I like to cook it wasn't a big deal - just wish Chase would have liked all of them... hopefully he will become a little less picky as he gets older. We'll keep trying :)
1 comment:
Funny! I have the same book...I've only tried a couple of recipes. Delaney's pretty good, but HAS to dip everything! Ranch and ketchup are favorites (even for apples, broccoli, green beans, etc.) Good luck!
Post a Comment