Here are some pictures of Chase's first spoon feeding of rice cereal - he actually really liked it! I think he liked the spoon more than anything else - must have felt good on his gums. He kept grabbing mine and Craig's hands to help feed himself. What a funny guy!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Rice Cereal - yum!
Well D-Day finally arrived - we are graduating to more than just breast milk. We have a pediatrician that is definitely a huge breastfeeding advocate so she tells parents to wait a little longer to introduce solid foods. I think she wanted us to wait until the full 6 months (Nov 21) but Chase has been eating milk like a little piggy lately so we felt like it was time. This weekend we also had to use our first formula with Chase. I have to admit that I have had a really hard time with this because I have worked so hard these past 6 months, especially with going back to work, for him to be 100% breastmilk and it has to come to an end:( Craig is so sweet and tells me how proud he is all the time about making it to 6 months so that has helped:) So now Chase is on a mix of still mostly breast milk bottles, a few formula bottles, and some yummy rice cereal - what a diet! We will start trying some more adventurous foods (bananas, sweet potatoes) in the next few weeks.
Here are some pictures of Chase's first spoon feeding of rice cereal - he actually really liked it! I think he liked the spoon more than anything else - must have felt good on his gums. He kept grabbing mine and Craig's hands to help feed himself. What a funny guy!



Here are some pictures of Chase's first spoon feeding of rice cereal - he actually really liked it! I think he liked the spoon more than anything else - must have felt good on his gums. He kept grabbing mine and Craig's hands to help feed himself. What a funny guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, so many little milestones Chase is hitting lately!!! That is so exciting and makes me sad I won't get to see him for a while. :( Miss you guys.
Definitely don't beat yourself up about breast feeding. I breast fed Ella for 12 months but with Sofia I had an MS exacerbation and had to get back on my med when she was 7 months old. I was so upset, so upset, but she did just fine on the formula (we used Good Start, which is supposed to be the easiest transition for breast fed babies as it's the most broken down).
How exciting about starting solids!
Lori, I was just watching a video of Jack trying his first bite of cereal!!! Crazy - time flies in case you didn't know! ha!
Such an adorable little boy!!!! Your blog is awesome!
Post a Comment