I can't believe my due date is finally here!
This pregnancy seems to have gone so fast yet I also feel like I have been pregnant forever! I am excited, overjoyed, nervous and anxious all at the same time. I truly do not remember what it is like to hold a newborn but I am beyond excited to find out again. I am also nervous of having a c-section, even though my last 2 have been just fine. It is nice to have it scheduled but it also causes anxiety as you know exactly when you will be having surgery. Also, to be honest, I am nervous to have 3 kids!! We feel like our house is a circus the way it is now and we go to bed every night totally drained and worn out both physically and mentally, so it will be interesting navigating through these next few months and year as we all adjust :) I have a feeling we will be staying close to home a lot the next several months and trying to figure out how to position our zone defense against all the little munchkins!
Random thoughts flying through my head today:
My parents get in today and I am so excited and we are so blessed for their help and everything they do for us. Craig's parents and all our siblings are so helpful as well, so we will definitely have lots of hands to help us and love on our kiddos.
My c-section is scheduled for 1pm tomorrow!! The time is a little bit of a bummer - I wish it was earlier in the morning. Brady was at 10am so we had to be at the hospital early so there wasn't much time to sit around and think. This time I feel like anxiety has more time to creep into my body plus I can't eat or drink anything (not even water) from 1am on tonight. I'm sure I will be too nervous to eat anyways :)
I cannot even believe that we will have a daughter tomorrow - it feels so surreal and amazing and I cannot wait to hold her in my arms!
I told Craig last night that I am also going through some withdrawals of knowing this is the last time I will be pregnant. Now believe me, I am ready to have her come out and this pregnancy has by far been the hardest one on me, but I also love the feeling of her moving and kicking and think the whole process is such a miracle that I am a little depressed that this is it... :( But we are moving on to our next chapter - an exciting world of growing up with our kids and moving on to new stages and I can't wait to have our daughter complete our family as we move ahead!!
38 week picture from last week!
I took this last Wed, the day of my last Dr appt. Baby girls heart beat sounded great and I finished my pregnancy with a 24 pound weight gain. I had a couple nights this last week of maybe thinking I was going into labor, but it was just bad Braxton Hicks and nerve pain as she must have gotten into a weird position and was hitting something that was causing pain. I also got my first stomach bug in forever (I don't get stomach bugs ever!) last weekend - nothing like having your head in the toilet 3 days before giving birth! Haha! I am feeling good now though and ready to meet our daughter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment